Rusty Ferret

FerretAFV

Well, you asked for it.

Here are some pictures of my Ferret to hopefully make you all feel better about the state of your vehicles, new front wings anybody? (at least it makes it easier to work on the suspension.......) :)

Scott

Well, you asked for it.

Here are some pictures of my Ferret to hopefully make you all feel better about the state of your vehicles, new front wings anybody? (at least it makes it easier to work on the suspension.......) :)

Scott

Scotty, Your a brave man!!! :shocked:

Thanks for the encouragement - although I might need to come back for some more........ it was registered as 00EC94 and spent its life with BAOR - got sold off through Withams in '93 and was used by a guy to bang into things and collect rain water on a farm. After I took these pictures I sat in it and made brumm brumm noises and felt it was money well spent........:)

ps. Just out of interest, anybody know what a vehicle asset code change from 0120.4120 to 0122.4120 in 1979 on the registration card means? probably not very exciting, but I like to know these things!

ps. Just out of interest, anybody know what a vehicle asset code change from 0120.4120 to 0122.4120 in 1979 on the registration card means? probably not very exciting, but I like to know these things!

Most likely, your Ferret on the vehicle history card went into a R.E.M.E Workshop for a conversion. This was in most cases, a radio harness & antenna mount modification from Larkspur to Clansman.

OR, the other change was uparmouring.

This would then explain the asset code change. An asset code is a number allotted to an equipment on the Army (Or other Service) equipment stocks register. (Basically, for stock taking!)

Mike. :thumbsup:

The Servicing Schedule (Army Code 14000) shows

0122.4120 Scout Car Recce .30 in MG Ferret Mk 1/2 and

0122.4120 Scout Car LRV 0.30 in MG Ferret Mk 1/2

The Code 0120.4120 is not shown in either edition that I've got - a minor redesignation of the vehicle perhaps? At least you know it was fitted with a .30 Browning!

Good luck!

Peter

Thanks for all your replies, I am still confused that it seems this 1/2 had a 30 cal, especially as it was DIS 1966, so quite a late model - would have thought GPMG would have been the weapon of choice, but I suspose thats the military for you!

Pass the WD40 and a cup of tea, I'm off to the garage.....

Cheers

• 1 year later...

She doesn't look too bad, mainly light panel work and paint. As previously stated if she goes OK you are halfway there. Anyway the worse it looks now, the greater your sense of achievement when you have got her looking at her best. You should start a restoration blog with plenty of pictures. All the best with it.