Stalwart braking system & other bits

Not to mention fuel and oil gauges!! :D:D

We are going to have to find a new nickname for Lee - 'cos only he could get into all the tiny spaces inside the hull for the braking system!!

Ferret would be suitable I think:D

• 2 weeks later...

And the fun continues.... When we went to get her down to the bunkers for the bash last month one of the stop/tail light bulb holders was found to have broken up. I got a couple of off Lee to swap over but when the bug-eyes were removed the bulb holders were nothing like the replacements. :-(

Ones I got from Lee were all metal, whereas the ones on the vehicle had a plastic or nylon insert that retained the bulb - one of which had gone brittle with age/heat and broken up! :-(

Also - the replacements were held in place by the rubber lip of the outer casing whereas the existing ones are held in by 3 self-tapping (and currently non-removable) screws! There should be a photo attached.

Oh yes - and the restorers had never heard of the art of masking up lights - everything - bulbs included was covered in either green or black paint.... :banghead:

odd rear light 1.jpg

• 9 years later...