Brockhouse trailer wiring diagram

Hi all.

Could one of you knowledgable chaps point me in the right direction in regards to what the numbered wires refer too when looking at the NATO wiring plug for a Brockhouse Office trailer.

One of these things below.

Brockhouse20office20trailer20001.jpg

I need to wire it to a civi connector so I can attach it to the Ward La France. I have taken the end of the connector and all the wires are numbered - I have no information or EMERS on NATO electrical connectors so am a bit lost.

My Ward was never fitted with an electrical socket so I had to fit a civi one. I couldn't believe it at the time but when I finished fitting it to the Ward - it actually worked!!! I am to the world of automotive electrics what Gordon Brown is to the Labour party - if ya know what I mean!!!!

Many thanks for any info supplied.

Markheliops

Mark, unfortunately there seems to be no standardisation between the designation of a wire and the pin to which it is connected.

I got caught out replacing a trailer plug & lead. By chance a couple of wires corresponded to the numbering of the existing wires. I assumed that the rest would also correspond. Melting cables in the trailer as I plugged in the vehicle rapidly dispelled this assumption.

If there was such a Standard it should be in very extensive chapters of EMER WORKSHOPS F 100 Terminating & Jointing Electric Wires & Cables and Defence Standard 25-6 Towing Vehicles & Towed Vehicular Equipment. But I can find no such Standard.

So you'll need to go round with a meter & connect it up according to the diagram in here:

http://www.hmvf.co.uk/pdf/NATOTrailerSocket.pdf

Edited by fv1609

Many thanks Clive.

I'll have a bash as you suggest.

Push comes to shove I shall purchase a trailer board with 15 metres of cable - actually - thinking about it - it would make sense having a wrecker so if I need to tow something I have lights, etc.

Ah, the powers of thought.