Cletrac MG.

Guest matt

P. Marriott,

I am new to this site. Just stumbled across it this morning as I was looking up info on Cletrac M2's. I have two of them (see pics), one is a 43 built by John Deere and the other is a 44 built by Oliver/Cletrac. Between the two I have all the parts to complete as close to a 100% original M2 as you can get with lots of spares. I may be able to help you out with some of your needs but unfortunately I am located on the other side of the pond so shipping on larger items will most likely be prohibitive. Let me know what you still need and I will see what I can do to help. These things are far too rare and unique not to keep them going.

Scott Mattison

"44 CCKW353 times 2

'43 Cletrac M2

"44 Cletrac M2

Hi,

Nice to see another up and running Cletrac!

Do you have the engine side covers? Do you have the aircraft energiser that goes on the dynamo/generator side, if so could you post a picture of it or if you do not have one do you know what it was used for?

I have all the cab frame work on mine and also all the canvas roof, doors and side curtains if you do not have these and you wanted to I can get them copied and send them to you for cost. I would use Allied Canvas; but if you had a preference of any other company in the UK I would go with that.

Do you have a spare voltage reostat and volt meter? A tatty one would be OK as I can get it refurbished. Track wise I am dealing with a company in the UK that looks promising to make them. I have been lent a sample section of track which I sectioned. I will take this to them so hopefully something will come of this.

Also do you have the original battery box? I was lucky as I was lent one to copy which cost $700 to do. It does neaten that side up, so when puttin the canvas on it fits nicely around it.

Could you post more pictures of yours, like each side and the dash area?

Thanks Mark

Hi!

I'm new here but I'm hoping somone might be able to help me out.I'm looking for information or parts for the WW2 Cletrac MG "Bomber Nurse" tracked tractor.I know of only ten in the UK,does anyone know of other survivors? I am also looking for any parts and manuals.

Any help at all apprechated!

Cheers,

Matt.

Hi,

I have a burnt original manual and a parts manual but I've got 2 very good copies which I use day to day from the Cletrac Mecca in the USA which is Zimmerman Oliver Cletrac web address is www.olivercletrac.com. I visited them when I was in the USA and they are helpful and more than willing to show you around their collection.

They copied their original manuals very well and hard cover them. They helped me out with quite a few bits i.e. plugs, points condendser, dizzy cap, thermostat and all of the rubber handles and plastic knobs for the lights. They are worth trying for the parts and manuals.

Regards,

Mark

Hi Matt

Have you got it home yet???

I am currently having cannopy pole frame sets made if you need a set. I am also currently making a set of front headlight brushguards, I could also make an extra set if required.

As Mark says Zimmermans are great I ordered a few hundred pounds of bits at the begining of the year and they were here in five days. Portrayal Press and also Paperprint in Belgium have copies of all manuals.

Paperprint are 25 euros for the maintenance manual!!!

I have a spare set of headlight bowls and rims, no lenses, that I may consider selling for the right price. Lenses appear on eBay every now and then.

Thanks Guys.

Mark please keep me posted on the tracks and how much you will be looking at per set.

Paul I'll send you a PM! I'm interested in your lights. I haven't got it home yet,hopefully by the end of January but it depends on the guy who is transporting it,and to some extent the weather.

Cheers,

Matt.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just thinking about how many Cletrac's actually survive of the 8,000 or so built? I wonder if we could start a database of survivors as has been done for Dodge WC's,CCKW's,Shermans etc? there seems to be little information and production data on Cletrac's and maybe such a database could help identfy detail changes etc.

Matt.

• 9 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...