Bunker Bash 2010

Marmite!!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well , been speaking sharply to it all week but the Dodge is still sulking and not likely to make it this weekend .

If we can persuade the Snow Trac to come out of hibernation we'll try to bring that instead if it's ok ?

Bring whatever Dave... it would be the only Snow Trac there :-D

See you all later...

can some one tell me am coming up with- out ferret ,what time do gates open on sat sun seems that info is missing from bb website ! ((and gate fees ) thanks paul.

Gates for Exhibitors 24hrs... public 10am

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=171555

Disappointed that you had to pay extra to go in the Bunker, after paying 20 quid to get in, couldn't afford to pay a further £15.:-(

Link does not appear to work, just get blank page.

Also got there just after 10am, did not bother with bunker, although extra cost would also have put me off.

So for all those wanting pictures here are a few.

Mike

DSC01179.jpg

bunker2.jpg

DSC01198.jpg

DSC01185.jpg

DSC01183.jpg

bunker1.jpg

DSC01162.jpg

DSC01196.jpg

DSC01161.jpg

Excellant day yesterday & sun is shining today...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=171555&id=521703547&l=aa15f924da

Disappointed that you had to pay extra to go in the Bunker, after paying 20 quid to get in, couldn't afford to pay a further £15.:-(

Two seperate attractions.. we did try a combined ticket for a couple of years but we had complaints that some had done the bunker before, some didn't want to do the Bunker & some only come to see the Bunker & not visit the MV show... it works out at £35.00 for family ticket for the MV Show & Bunker if you wanted to do both which is a lot cheaper than a lot of other attractions...

Book an MV in & you go round the Bunker for free...

had a good day sat at the bunker bash, lots to see bought some bits had a look round the bunker. When you think about the bunkers intended role, quite a depressing place. Lots and lots of landrovers no ferrets!,one exhibitor had a very nice landrover in a ambulance role lots of kit on display and willing to chat about it all, over heard some loon saying to him that he quite fancies walking down his high-street with the guys vickers machine gun he had on display !! the arena displays bring the vehicles alive , and big respect to the reinactors looks like a lot of hard work digging those trenches!

Excellant day yesterday & sun is shining today...

Two seperate attractions.. we did try a combined ticket for a couple of years but we had complaints that some had done the bunker before, some didn't want to do the Bunker & some only come to see the Bunker & not visit the MV show... it works out at £35.00 for family ticket for the MV Show & Bunker if you wanted to do both which is a lot cheaper than a lot of other attractions...

Book an MV in & you go round the Bunker for free...

Not cheap when you don't have the cash!! Currently havn't got a MV, hopefully, that will change for next year!!!

Got home and unloaded a little while ago . We've had a great weekend and it's been brilliant to see friends and acquaintances old and new . In a way I'm glad the Dodge played up and we took the ST instead as all weekend people have been stopping to ask about it and chat .

Thanks to Markheliops and the lovely Deb for tea beer and entertainment , Chris G for cake and beer and Grasshopper and Nick for more beer and entertainment and of course to Mr JB for being there so we all had somebody to take the mick out of .

See you all there next time .

Oh - and by the way , before Ivesy says anything I only pushed that fence post over a bit and it wasn't really in the ground far............and I promise to adjust up my brakes .

Honest .

009-5.jpg

I thought on first look that this was one of the five ex-Honourable Artillery Company Royal Salute Rovers. Having built them, I noticed a few details that did not tally up, checking the army number I see it is not one of them, but has a very close number to one of them 48HG61, where the original was 49HG62. Anyone know anything about it?