See you in normandy?

rippo

Hello,

Just to update, we qre now on the utar beach campsite, Weathers lousy, the gazebo covering the bedford is about to take off, but hey its all good, Had a lovely run down on friday from manchester to beulieu 220 miles took me 9 hours nice and sunny all the way, didnt leqve till 4am so the lights were not a problem, stuck to 37mph;

Jack that was me in the ring, to my amazment i won best ww2 medium vehicle, and best ww2 in show, all the hard work has paid off, I really didnt expect anything,

We,re off to falaise in two days, then off to join the imps as the mvt have no room for me, Shame since we,ve been member for over 25 years, but i won,t be joining again this year, the really annoying thing is there,ll be prenty of post war vehicles on there site but they can,t squeeze willow on, not to worry i,ll take my intrerst else where,

Please come say hello to us if you see us, i look a miserable sod but i,m smiling on the inside, I,ve only met darn patrol so far, a very nice chap to talk to,

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am going over on this Friday.................to deliver stock to Dead Mans Corner and then back Friday night and then back over again next Wednesday to see the 65th in!

I am looking forward to seeing what I share the ferry with on Friday!

The news of time on Normandy are not very good just like 65 years ago, time is stopped, but the opening will take place well for the unloading of D-DAY.je you councils to take hot vétements for the crossing on the ferry and a good quite hot sleeping bag to sleep under the fabric of tent, or do not only come.

I'm Portsmouth bound Friday evening, 7am Sat ferry then 8 days to take it all in. Can't wait.

What a coincidence although we are there for two weeks, (not showing off, honest) hoping to be in Portsmouth for early hours.

I've just finished checking all the levels and greasing up everything, loaded the trailer and just to to pack now. Planning to leave around 7. Stopping in Bracklesham bay for the night then off in the morning.

Hopefully run in to a few fella's over there.

Have a good one everyone.

We are on our way Sunday evening, drive down to Portsmouth from Wetherby to get Monday morning ferry. Giving ourselves plenty of time to get there, if you pass a humber staff car and a dodge 6 wheeler its us!! Give us a wave.

Then we will probably see each other in Normandy next week :) I hope my car will survive this long trip, I've got nearly 1600 km to drive :-|

Do anyone knows where Obama and Queen will come? And if anyone knows, will there be any special security (as closed roads)?

Then we will probably see each other in Normandy next week :) I hope my car will survive this long trip, I've got nearly 1600 km to drive :-|

Do anyone knows where Obama and Queen will come? And if anyone knows, will there be any special security (as closed roads)?

Hi Uros - Obama will be at Utah - massive no go area.

Have a safe trip and take loads of pictures along the way!

Best wishes,

Jack.

good evening tous.

I has there already some vehicles which have arrived already on the area of the beaches of the unloading for Wednesday.

I' saw this afternoon a convoy of GMC of Belgium.

for the zones, I avoided you joint an official bond of autoritées local. to enable us to pass to see you it would be very intérressant to put here the places of your camping so that l' have finds you easily.

http://www.basse-normandie.pref.gouv.fr/sections/actualites/65eme_anniversaire_d/downloadFile/file/Dossier_de_presse_complet.pdf?nocache=1243596058.8