Who is going to the 2009 show?

TailSpin

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said before I am making my way down, managed to rope my dad and best mate from Collage to come down too (we restored an S2A lightweight in 2001). Last time I visted the show was 2003 when I presume there was no forum..... Is there anywhere to 'gather'? Do we have to wear a white carnation:)

Is there anywhere to 'gather'? Do we have to wear a white carnation:)

You will find many HMVF members in Americas field, next to & opposite the Helicopter...

& then there's the HMVF Photo shoot for those that can get out of bed... time/day TBC....

Edited by Marmite!!

ive decided to pull my finger out and the booking fourms for me and the scammell are now in the post if booking fourm reterns without problems i aim to be there from friday the 17th strait through till the end of the show :-D

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone need their artillery babysat?

We need something on our Living History display to make it a bit more intersting.

PM me for details and beer compensation.

Paul

What does your display consist of/who etc. :???

What does your display consist of/who etc. :???

We're portraying mercenaries for the West in Africa.

There will be five of us and we're situated at the end of the post-WWII section.

You know, it may sound bad but it's not my intention to insult any former or current serving member of the armed forces. I find it an interesting yet dark subject in history.

We're not portraying anything to do with Angola in '76 or the Balkans. This is a test to see how the public reacts.

It's a one off anyway and we wre lucky to have the W&P organisers agree to letting us display.

Hopefully if it works out we'll be portraying members of 5 Commando during the Congo Crisis of 1964/65.

Getting back on track with the artillery. I know you don't know me from Jack but I'd like to state that if we were lucky to have someone let us look after some equipment, we'd work to their rules.

We have an ex-member of the Royal Artillery attending so we'd be drilling according to the book.

Again, this display is not trying to disrespect anyone, although I know it will do. We're trying to show that it is part of history whether people like it or not. Like the X Factor...

Kindest Regards,

Paul