The first Beltring show

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
I reckon it will be quiet next year, the IMPS have to pay to go next year.

If there is a next year:-D

I've been sorting out old photos and came across these two shots from the first Beltring show.[ATTACH]10158[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]10159[/ATTACH] I believe that the GS wagon was on loan from the Royal Corps of Transport, with Whitbread supplying the horsepower.

Robert do you have any other pics?. I was there that year.

I will try and dig up some photos. I have them some where. People i do remember in attendance that year was Roger Jones=Pinky. Steve Wright=Pinky Bernie Slater=Dodge Weapons carrier. Eddy Slater= Jeepster. Trevor Boreham=LtWt. Tony Graves Diamond T. Does that ring any bells.

I will try and dig up some photos. I have them some where. People i do remember in attendance that year was Roger Jones=Pinky. Steve Wright=Pinky Bernie Slater=Dodge Weapons carrier. Eddy Slater= Jeepster. Trevor Boreham=LtWt. Tony Graves Diamond T. Does that ring any bells.

Many bells ! Robert and I used to camp with Rog at most shows, Steve was never far away. Bumped into Bernie at Odessey last year. Not heard of Trevor for years.

• 2 months later...

I have to say that I happily pay the camping fee - It is one of my holidays and so its for a whole week. With loos, showers and entertainment thrown in. If its a choice between camping in the New Forest, Butlins or W&P then the green stuff wins (W&P that is :))

Besides compared to the £180 plus its costs me to get there it is very small beer. . . Now talking of beer they could reduce their bar tariff at night . . . .

• 2 weeks later...

I visited the first Beltring show to pick up 2 Antar cluch plates off Peter Gain who had a stall their. I recall that there was an FWD SU-COE in attendance. I then continued on to visit Hardwicks yard in Ewell, South London to view an Antar trailer. I was their this year with the M578 Tracked Armoured Recovery Crane.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
I visited the first Beltring show to pick up 2 Antar cluch plates off Peter Gain who had a stall their. I recall that there was an FWD SU-COE in attendance. I then continued on to visit Hardwicks yard in Ewell, South London to view an Antar trailer. I was their this year with the M578 Tracked Armoured Recovery Crane.

Hardwicks theres a name i had forgotten,could be difficult to deal with.

Had a good way of shifting travellors though,is he still about.?

Hardwicks theres a name i had forgotten,could be difficult to deal with.

Had a good way of shifting travellors though,is he still about.?

We've found a good wash down with a few thousand gallons of slurry is quite effective.