Trailer id and info required

Picked up a converted ex military trailer the other day, been used to move crawler tractors around and in need of some tlc.

Any ideas who made it? Was is searchlight/radar or some other use?

Any ideas on age?

Thanks

Ed

6224265e1133d507b799e75db665f7ed.jpg

Got quite an interesting longitudinal front spring and a rather seized brake linkage that would have worked on the over-run

059f2e4c75ac5f7ddd889e8b019ffcb1.jpg

I know it's a recovery trailer now but from the look of it ie railway sleepers etc I thought it might have originally been a searchlight or similar trailer which has been crudely converted?

You think it started out life as a low loader?

Anyone got any pictures of such a thing from when they were in active service?

I know it's a recovery trailer now but from the look of it ie railway sleepers etc I thought it might have originally been a searchlight or similar trailer which has been crudely converted?

You think it started out life as a low loader?

Anyone got any pictures of such a thing from when they were in active service?

It looks like the Trailer 5 ton 4 wh Radar AA No.1 MkI*. Inverted spring arrangement at front and towing front axle all the same. Can't see enough of the platform. There was a MkII with the jacking and frame details different. Info from David Fletchers Army Transport 1939-45 Book, p292