I blame the weather.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Just thinking any one noticed you couldnt have made up the title 23 = Wetter I blame the weather.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:Brilliant ,i didnt know honest:-D

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

champaxle006.jpg

champaxle004.jpg

This is where they allways wear,The area in red is where we will fill with Belzona using the bell as a former,Everything we dont want Belzona to stick to will have a release agent painted on it.Without a seal the bell should just fall under its own weight,i will put back shims before we do the job so as to have some adjustment.If this works it will save a lot of cases as they are rare as the proverbiable.I dont see any reason why this shouldnt be a success keeping it neat and tidy might be a different story.:-D

Is that a 6 wheeler van on the left? Another expedition maybe?

Old eagle eyes strikes again. :whistle::whistle::goodidea::wave:

• 3 weeks later...

Brightoncommercialrun081.jpg

Lapping the two together with grinding paste,this took a long time to get right, I had to keep cleaning the paste away then remove a shim try the resistance then start again.

Brightoncommercialrun082.jpg

It worked a treat and i was verry pleased with the result.

Brightoncommercialrun081.jpg

Brightoncommercialrun.jpg

Lapping the two together with grinding paste,this took a long time to get right, I had to keep cleaning the paste away then remove a shim try the resistance then start again.

That brings back memories! Rebuilding Ferret wheel stations and lapping in the spherical seatings, then shimming for correct fit.

Building the ray gun is the easy bit - I'd like to see how he gets on making the rest of the Dalek :coffee:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:Stupid boy pike.:-D

That brings back memories! Rebuilding Ferret wheel stations and lapping in the spherical seatings, then shimming for correct fit.

I started out with a lot of shims but by the time i had finished i had discarded quite a few,i thought i was starting with to many but it worked out ok.:-D

Almost looks like CW knows what he's doing :rofl:

Thanks mate that doesnt mean i want to do another one.Dont think it will be ready for BB though,people have started to give me paying jobs,:-D

There is always someone spoiling your fun ...........glad to hear it though :)

Cheers Richard,its been so long its come as a bit of a shock.:-D

Nice to see something renovated like that using 'older' skills CW, well done.

There can't be that many people these days who know much about the use of grinding paste for valves etc . Not like the old days when you had Motor engineers not technicians, most garages had lathes etc and parts were made rather than just bought from a factor. Another thing that comes to mind is engineers blue, I mentioned it one day in the canteen in the main dealers where I worked and there were a lot of blank looks amongst the younger techys.

Edited by Degsy

Spend most of my time on these modern electrics:argh:nice to do something more basic and saving the case from the scrap was good.

Engineers Blue,they probably thought it was a new film:-Dcw.

Good work CW, just as Degsy says, a fitter could only fit a new one!

I presume the Belzona used can be formulated to suit different metals and uses, does not the grinding paste embed into it? or is it just the same as metal in that respect? looks like good stuff!

A little bit can go a very long way :-D

There speaks the voice of experience:-D...when you did your time I'm sure you were taught the correct use of these sorts of products.:thumbsup:

There speaks the voice of experience:-D...when you did your time I'm sure you were taught the correct use of these sorts of products.:thumbsup:

You are right there.........when I was an apprentice, did a lot of engine work, valve grinding, mainly diesels, sore hands and blue finger tips ...:)

The things you learnt......

The apprentices always got the good jobs :-D Valve grinding, cleaning pistons & fitting new rings

That is how you learnt, Chris. Glad I did my time back then and not today. Far more interesting then, repairing components, not throwing away and we did not need a computor to trace faults.

Reckon we are in the same age group :thumbsup: