Exhaustvalve lifter triumph 3hw

rien

I have another quistion abaut my 3hw, Is it possible that some 3hw's where not equipt with exhaustvalve lifter?? My 3hw does not have one in de hole in the clinderhead between the valves is sealed with a piece of cork

Thanks 4 reading

Rien

Rien,

As far as I'm aware, all 3HW engines were fitted with a valve lifter assembly. There was an internal cam that worked on the valve rocker, with the actuating spindle emerging from where you've got the cork. An lever was fitted to it which is pulled by the cable which emerges through a threaded hole in the head which was fitted with an adjuster. Between the lever and the adjuster hole a volute return spring was fitted. If you need photos let me know.

Cheers,

Stef

Rien,

As promised, here are some photos of the Triumph 3HW valve lifter and how it fits in the head. You can also see how it lines up with the cable in the head. If you need to know anything else just let me know. And get some photos of yours up!

Cheers,

Stefano

IMG_3451_1_1_1_2_1.JPG

IMG_3453_1_1_1_1.jpg

IMG_3454_1_1_1_1_1_1.JPG

IMG_3455_1_1_1_1.JPG

dscn0327y.jpg

dscn0328c.jpg

dscn0329a.jpg

Here are finaly some pics of my bike before the restauration i'am still working on the engine and today i have given the frame parts the right collor, as you can see there still much to do :P.

• 4 months later...