Clansman radio for BARV

agripper

I know that the centurion BARV would have had a Larkspur radio at first but this would have been changed to a clansman 353 I think . I was set up with only 1 antena rather than 2 does this mean it would only have had one radio rather than teh 2 you would find in the sabre and fox. i would gues the only people to speak with would be the beach party or the ship. Can anyone shed any more light on this? :confused:

Gun tanks etc have two radios: officially one for troop work on the Combat Team Command net, the other for external comms e.g if attached to somebody else's combat team or to relay or rebroadcast messages. Unofficially, it is not unusual for a troop to commandeer a spare combat team frequency and use it for a chatter net to reduce traffic on the command net.

The BARV would answer solely to his troop or squadron commander, and more than one set would be an expensive luxury.

Dont think there would be any long distance work in the BARV and the Noise generated by teh Meteor engine makes normal communication difficult without head sets. Have got one of teh Clansman intercome systems to fit back in her and also looking to get teh radio soon. trying to get her back to in service condition. If anyone has any sugestions let me know. :cool: