rules and regs for this year

David Ives

the following will be for this years tour

Rules for the 2009 Plain Invasion weekend.

After much thought and collaboration with Chris I have written up these basic rules for 2009 PI. Even though every effort has been made to keep the public and yourselves safe, things can still go wrong.

(1) Camp fires are totally prohibited. Under no circumstances will fires be lite with-in the camp site or surrounding area's. Food is catered for during the weekend from the on-site field kitchen.

(2) Even though every effort will be made to fill in every pothole in and around the camp site, some will go undetected. Please keep your eyes open at all times.

(3) Parking will be on the front hard standing and to the rear of the wooded area's. Please no heavy vehicles in the woods unless you have checked that you will not get stuck on the soft ground. Due to the amount of vehicles this year we will need to use the wooded area and rear hard standing more. Also with the wooded area you can cam up with nets and tents. I will leave it up to you guys where you wish to pitch.

(4) REPLEM anyone refueling must use the hard standing at the front car park, an area will be set-up for this purpose. If fuel is spilt, please use the sand and bin bags to remove it ASAP. If you need to refuel during a drive, please ensure you have a drip tray at hand. I will try and source some before the event.

(5) Picking up of any Ammo, live or dead is totally against the SPTA laws and must be followed by the book. If you find or see anything suspect please do not touch it, Mark the area and tell Yogi or myself. This way we can get someone in to have a look and remove it if need be.

(6) Driving Please be awear the road that leads down to the camp site is quite narrow, you will get a large truck down there with ease but remember it is a busy road and cars could be coming the other way. Driving during the dark will be discouraged but if you need to go to the local shops, please let someone know before you leave. This way, if you do get lost we have a good idea where you may be and send a recce out for you. If you go to the shops for a burger or alike you must use the roads, please don't go by track. Getting lost in 95.000 achs is not good.

(7) Convoy driving, due to the amount of vehicles this year we will be breaking you into groups of twenty. If all the vehicles turn up there will be three groups. As mentioned, each group will need at least two convoy leaders and a commander/ map reader. One to lead the group out and one to bring you back again. I think the best way with the map reader, we will have a Plain Military member jump in with you if thats OK.

Road crossing will be done by members of your convoy and must be done in a safe manner. At no point must any of your convoy break rank and drive into an area that is not on your map. Any vehicles doing so, pending on where they are could end in them having a warning of ticket and being removed from the camp site.

VCPs will be set up on the route so we will all get together for tea , cake. During all drive outs, lights must be on at all times. Lead vehicles will be given a flag and recovery aids must be carried by at least if not all vehicles. If a vehicle breaks down and can't be fixed then you will be towed back to the camp site.

(8) Like last year we will be watched and assessed on what we do. Just because you can't see the range staff doesn't mean they are not watching. These guys know all the hiding place's and high ground to see you.

(9) Military movement is a possibility, if we do come across any Military activity please do not just bimble in thinking you have a right to be there. At the end of the day SPTA is a training ground and must be respected for that purpose. If we are told to move we move, if we see anything going on, we then move away till someone has been over and spoken to an officer. If by chance we get to talk to any officer in charge and he is happy for us to have a look then remember, always ask if you can take a photo, never assume the guys and gals with the vehicle are happy to have there pictures taken.

(10) We at Plain Military would like to think what we are trying to do here is give you guys and gals something a bit different. This is not your run of the mill show, this is a weekend for you guys to work as a team and drive and live on the range as the Army do. We cannot guarantee everyone will enjoy all the weekend but one thing I can say, This is a great chance for you all to have a go at the day to day life the Army go through on Salisbury Plain. Thankfully the only thing missing is the enemy, but never rule it out...................

You will eat, sleep and drive together, if anyone goes down you will be there to pick them. This is also a weekend for the nippers. They have the whole wooded area to play in, I'm pretty sure some of them will find a puddle or two to get dirty in, also get in on the convoys.

when you turn up a full copy of this will be available and you will need to sign that you agree to these rules

ok rules have been updated as below:stop:

We at Plain Military would like to think that we are providing you guys and gals something a bit different and not your run-of-the-mill show. This is a weekend for everyone to work as a team and drive and live on the ranges, as the Army do. Thankfully the only thing missing is the enemy, but never rule it out...

You will eat, sleep and drive together. If anyone goes down you will be there to pick them up. This is also a weekend for the nippers and they have the whole wooded area to play in - I'm pretty sure some of them will find a puddle or two to get dirty in.

After much thought and collaboration with Chris I have written up these basic rules for P.I. 2009. Although things can go wrong, every effort has been made to keep yourselves and the public safe.

Plain Invasion 2009 - Rules

(1) Camp fires

Camp fires are totally prohibited. Under no circumstances will fires be lit within the campsite or surrounding areas. Food will be catered for during the weekend from the on-site field kitchen.

(2) Potholes

Every effort will be made to fill in potholes in and around the campsite but stay alert.

(3) Parking

Due to the amount of vehicles parking will be on the front hard standing and to the rear of the wooded areas. No heavy vehicles in the woods unless you have checked that you will not get stuck on the soft ground! Also with the wooded area you can cam up with nets and tents. I will leave it up to you guys where you wish to pitch.

(4) REPLEM

The hard standing at the front car park will be set-up for anyone wishing to refuel. If fuel is spilt, please use the sand and bin bags provided to remove it ASAP. If you need to refuel during a drive, please ensure you have a drip tray at hand - I will try and source some prior to the event.

(5) Ammo

The removal of any Ammo, live or dead is completely against the SPTA laws which must be adhered to. If you find or see anything suspicious, please do not touch. Mark the area and inform myself or Yogi. This will enable us to organize removal, if necessary.

(6) Driving

Please be aware the road that leads down to the campsite is quite narrow, you will get a large truck down there with ease but it is a busy road and cars could be coming the other way. Driving during the dark will be discouraged however, if you need to go to the local shops etc, please let someone know before you leave. This way, if you do get lost we have a good idea where you may be and send a recce out for you. Please also use the roads and not the tracks as getting lost in 95,000 acres is not good...

(7) Convoy driving

Due to the amount of vehicles this year, we will be breaking you into groups of around twenty. This means that if all vehicles turn up, there will be three groups. Each group will need at least two convoy leaders and a commander/ map reader - One to lead the group out and one to bring it back again. If ok with you, map readers will be members of the Plain Military team, able to follow previously established routes.

Road crossing will be executed by members of your convoy in a safe manner. At no point must any of your convoy break rank and drive into an un-designated area. Any vehicles doing so, pending their location could result in the issue of a "warning off ticket" and removal from the campsite.

V.C.P.s will be set up on the route so we will all be able to get together for tea and cake! Lights must be used at all times during all drive-outs. Lead vehicles will be given a flag and recovery aids must be carried by at least two if not all vehicles. If a vehicle breaks down and can't be fixed you will be towed back to the campsite.

(8) Observation

As with last year, we will be watched and assessed on our weekend - Just because you can't see the range staff doesn't mean they are not watching. These guys know all the hiding places and high ground to see you.

(9) Military Movement

If we do come across any Military activity please do not just bimble in thinking you have a right to be there. At the end of the day SPTA is a training ground and must be respected as such. If we are told to move, we move. If we see anything going on, we move away until someone has spoken to an officer. If an officer-in-charge is happy for us to have a look please remember, always ask if you can take a photo and never assume the guys and gals are happy to have their pictures taken.

(10) Rubbish

All rubbish must be removed from the campsite before the area is vacated. A F.O.B. walk will be conducted before the event to ensure all rubbish, and foreign objects are removed and dealt with. During drive outs, if food is consumed within your vehicles, please don't throw your litter out of the windows. The SPTA is used by Helicopters as well as vehicles and the litter can be a danger if sucked into engines.

(11) Weather Conditions

Due to the amount of wet weather we have had recently. some of the tracks may be in poor condition. We will do everything in our power to steer you around any holes etc that may be on your route drives but please be vigilant. If we have had a lot of rain during the run-up to the event, there will be lots of surface water and mud. If you have never driven in such conditions please remember keep your distance at all times.

(12) Public traffic

Please remember you are bound by the highway laws on Salisbury Plain as you would be on any public road. Again, please keep your eyes open for any traffic that may be exiting any of the side tracks on the ranges.

(13) The Valley Run

This is open to all vehicle owners that want to have a go! However, you don't have to do it - Anyone not sure about going for it will be led around the track, to a meeting point at ZULU crossing. The valley run is not for the faint hearted; some of the holes on this part of the run can be very deep and daunting. You will be entering this part of the run at your own risk, neither Plain Military nor the MOD will be held responsible for any broken parts...

(14) Campsite Security

Anyone leaving vehicles back at camp should make sure that it is locked up and all valuables have been taken with you or removed to a safe area. This also applies to tents, please don't leave anything that could potentially be stolen. Even though this area is a Military training ground it is still open to the public.

STAY SAFE & HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND! :yay::yay::yay::yay:

As before all good stuff, but I am going to ask a silly question.

I have not put my name down for food (bit fussy me :-D ) so I would like to cook my own or eat at the pub (supposed to be good) will this be OK.

Also asking for Jack as he is to scared to ask. :coffee:

Thinking about it as I have no tent (9x9) at the moment :)

Stop thinking mate - the Bustard is fully booked for that weekend. The wife just rang them to book a room and got the bad news. Apparently there is a big 4x4 event on that weekend too.

They are recommending another pub called the "Plume of Feathers" in Shrewton - somewhere down the road???? See attached map if interested.

Not sure now whether to go there (2.7 miles away) or take the caravan instead.....

Bustard to Plume of Feathers.jpg

Edited by ArtistsRifles

Roy was hopeing to have the new room ready by May. As for the 4X4 I have not been told anything about this event in the area so I need to check this out. Not sure where they are parking cos Plain Military are booked in area 12 that weekend. No licence, no parking.......

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Thinking about it as I have no tent (9x9) at the moment :)

We nicked the last room:yay:

Like I say Neil, if they haven't got a licence to be on the area over night, by law they are breaking the Provisions of the Military lands act 1892. I will contact Westdown first thing in the morning and find out weather they are just passing through. I know Dave next to the Bustard lets his garden out to 4X4 clubs, this isn't a problem with me. The problem is where are they parking there vehicles. At the end of the day that area is ours, we have payed for the licence and nothing has been said to me about anyone else being there........... If I remember rightly, the first Plain Invasion weekend we had a load of 4X4s turn up on the car park.........

Tony

We nicked the last room:yay:

Oh dear CW - you are gonna be in the wifes sights now mate!!!

Like I say Neil, if they haven't got a licence to be on the area over night, by law they are breaking the Provisions of the Military lands act 1892. I will contact Westdown first thing in the morning and find out weather they are just passing through. I know Dave next to the Bustard lets his garden out to 4X4 clubs, this isn't a problem with me. The problem is where are they parking there vehicles. At the end of the day that area is ours, we have payed for the licence and nothing has been said to me about anyone else being there........... If I remember rightly, the first Plain Invasion weekend we had a load of 4X4s turn up on the car park.........

Tony

To be fair Tony all they said was they were fully booked as there was a big 4x4 rally on. May not be out on the plains or anywhere near us but on the local roads - as I say, all I know is what the person Val spoke to at the Busted told her tonight.

Mark - you can sleep with me.

i dont know mark last time he was in the back of his jimmy:cool2: but isuppose he will be using one of his sale 9x9s this year if the jimmy makes it with new battery cables:idea:

plus we will be misssing the dancing girls:yay::yay:

:wow::dancing::kissoncheek::thanx::nut::sleep::trustme::beer::morning::embarrassed::iamsmiling::whentitsdone::flowers:

Mark - you can sleep with me.

If you are serious the I am up for it

Oh dear CW - you are gonna be in the wifes sights now mate!!!To be fair Tony all they said was they were fully booked as there was a big 4x4 rally on. .

Thats what they told me,i asumed it was us.

gay.gif

now i know jack got a lot of stick about the pink cushion but:stop:we are getting off track here

this thread is about the rules and regs that are in place for this years visit and are deadly serious as anyone who breaks them will find out:nono::nono::nono:

now i know jack got a lot of stick about the pink cushion but:stop:we are getting off track here

this thread is about the rules and regs that are in place for this years visit and are deadly serious as anyone who breaks them will find out:nono::nono::nono:

Sorry Boss.

Idont know which is the funniest Cripp or David ,i think David just gets it.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Westdown have no knolege of this 4X4 weekend, They have told me that if anyone outside the group tries to park on the area we have the rights to send them packingvahidrk1.gif. I have also been in touch with Chris at Land Marc and he will be watching every move they make...If all else fails, maybe a bit of monster truck action with the StollysBananeyessss.gif