Sign in to follow this  
Jack

Weapon issue

Yeah right,cowboys and indians. :lol: I've no doubt you'll have a pistol even if it means shaving your head and changing your name to Patton. :lol:

Yeah right,cowboys and indians. :lol: I've no doubt you'll have a pistol even if it means shaving your head and changing your name to Patton. :lol:

Do I have to rewrite history again :twisted: ...I have done it once already today :cry:

Jack, I know I'm going to regret asking but which bit of the Signals Corps do you want to be?

1/. Signal Construction Battalion

2/. Signal Photographic Company

3/. Signal Pigeon Company

4/. Signal Radio Intelligence

5/. Signal Photo Lab Mobile Unit

6/. Signal Operations Battalion

7/. Signal Operations Company

8/. Signal Depot Company

9/. Signal Repair Company

10/. Signal Installation Company or

11/. HQ Signal Service Army

It kinda makes a difference on the kit you have to get!

Of course with a truck, you're already limited, so a good dressing piece essential for a signal corps truck would be the SCR-299s and 399s radio's.

But that means Line Construction kit, like climbing spikes, and hand tools, then he'll need a Bag BG-54.

Well that goes without saying, got to start with the basic stuff. So that will be Belt LC-23, Climbers LC-5 & gloves LC-10

......to go with the LC 24 Twisting pliers, HM-1 Hammer and of course the TL-107 Cutting pliers.

Oh a handy piece of kit indeed, but not for pole climbing much to fiddly, with the LC-23 linesman belt, the plier cutters can be carried in the leather belt pouch. And why would he want tweezers up a pole ?

but it isn't only tools, hed need something like a Field Telephone, an EE-8-A or a TP-9. So he can check the line whilst he's up there.

or call for help, if the tweezers didn't work!

He could use Megaphone M-64 from the top of a pole though

No in a Combat zone he be better to ring back to his unit and get somebody on the Switchboard BD-71,. draws less attention from snipers.

I think as a Combat Zone operative it more likely that they'd have a smaller more practical BD-72 rather than a fully fledged Central Office 20 line set up. Guess it depends on how important the unit is?

I was thinking more Signal lamp M-227 part of the SE-11 kit, thats good in daylight at over 2000 yards. AND it looks like a gun!