Honda XR250

Dougy FV432

Hello All,

Has anyone out there had any experience with these bikes.

Recently acquired a partially stripped one and now that I have tracked down some of the parts needed (price depending), looks like a full restoration maybe on the way.

Unless I see sense first.

Dougy

Cracking bikes , bomb proof engine, trouble is when they let go they are expensive to fix!! :shock:

Be careful ,once you start to spend on the engines they are very expensive inside. Often why you can pick them up partly stripped at what seems at face value,a cheap cost.

Bogbusters and NTB Racing are 2 good guys to get bits from as they understand the motors.Stay away from the Honda dealerships for parts, they will cost you twice the price that you will pay via independant parts suppliers.

Good luck

Already had a set back, chap I was in negotiations with about parts has sold the engine. DOH!!!! Tempted not to deal with him with rest of bits I need. We might be seeing a xr250 coming up for sale on e-bay soon, shame as it seemed a good project to get stuck into.

Is she worth the trouble

lot21.jpg

Tim,

Do these people you mention just do engines or cover the whole bike. Have you got a contact no. for them.

Regards

Dougy

• 3 months later...

Sorry dougy just seen the posting, engines are a rare thing, thats why its sold .

Both firms are on the net , just search for Bogbusters in Newcastle

and NTB(Northern Trail Bikes) Racing in York.

Looking at the picture it will have to be cheap to make it a worthwhile project I reckon.

Good luck

Tim

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

My XR Family has grown to Three! (long Story) I now have two post 95 (dry sump) and one pre 95 (wet sump) all in various states of repair from running sweetly to full rebuild. due to losing my storage the new workshop is my front room (very understanding woman my missus!) Anyone else out there own a XR250R?? I'd love to hear from ya.