GMC Workshop Van

HWade

Well heres a couple more pics as you can see the truck has come on, its now rewired, the engine has been fully serviced,I have fitted the windscreen since the pic has been taken,I have managed to get hold of a Cargo body off a good friend of mine so I shall run her as a cargo untill the shop van body is finished. I am in need of a battery box and also the brackets that hold the fuel tank to the chassis.So if anyone can help with this please let me know. More pics of shop van body as and when it gets done.

Thanks

Howard

gmc 007.jpg

gmc 008.jpg

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the support, I managed to get the last two wheels blasted today while doing some customers parts, an Austin 7 of all things. I even managed to get them in paint.I am still looking for those Fuel tank brackets,I rang Rex ward again but nothing there. Well thats it for now.

Howard.

Got up the work shop early this morning and got a coat of olive drab on the chassis.

Howard

I have been watching your progress on and off you are going well, what colour paint are you using ? I about to tear my 352 open cab to bits and rebuild it, once that is done I want to then spray the whole truck but I have got sucked in to the "which colour olive drab is it" question and I have some colours that I like but they only have U.S. paint codes !!!!!!!!!!!

I have also seen your wing piping and looks good, nice finishing bit ( should it be there on the wings ? not that it matters it still looks great ) did you know there should also be some between the main windscreen support panel and the panel which houses the air vent flap I have this on my cab but none on the wings !

Hi thanks for that I did know, but I forgot to fit it.The olive drab I am using is one a freind of mine had made up.I just sent in the batch and paint number and ordered some more.Its not matt its a shene.I think its a nice colour not to muddy,and not to green.Regards the piping I was led to beleave that there should be piping on the wings.But its up to you.I had it made up.

Thanks

Howard.

Hello Thanks for your comments, going back to the seal between the cab and scuttle, I have fitted this today and also fitted the roof canvas, its looking good. I recon I am going to have to use a jerry can as a temp fuel tank on the running board untill I can get the fuel tank brackets. I am hoping to go down the road and collect the cargo body and fit it straight to the truck.I will keep you informed.

Thanks Howard

heres a couple more pics.

002.jpg

003.jpg

Thanks for your comments, I managed to fit a bit more in for the truck with some of my other sandblasting, I got the fuel tank and jerry can holders done.Still need those fuel tank brackets, I can see myself getting some made before vary long.heres a couple more pics.

Howard

gmc fuel tank 003.jpg

gmc fuel tank 004.jpg

gmc fuel tank 002.jpg

gmc fuel tank 005.jpg

Well I have some good news I now have a pair of fuel tank brackets and one strap, I shall make two new straps and grit blast the brackets. But they are in quite good order.Hope to get them blasted and painted for the weekend to fit the fuel tank.

bracket 003.jpg