Fwd

FWDTEXAS

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am at the present restoring a WW1 FWD with Amo box in Texas. If any one out there that has a worn out clutch I can help you repair it with advice and repair parts.

Is that you John?

Tim Gillies has started restoring his, but i dont know if he has looked at is clutch yet. Tim, what state is your clutch in?

Tim (too)

Its looking good. Nice to have such a spacious and well equipped workshop to do it in. Makes a change from the last one you did John, in a lean to out in the desert wasn't it?

With this one, that makes 7 FWD Model B's that have either been just restored or are in the process of being restored in the last couple of years. Great job.

Tim

Thanks, a bit crowded woth 6-7 planes around(darn wings) lots of tools and equipment. Love the laser cutter. Makes up new parts and tools in no time. There is one more being restored in Colorado. We also have 3 Quads, one in running order and 2 waiting. One will be done as a war wagong like the one in New Mexico that was also done here.

• 2 weeks later...

Better than expected, still experimenting but found that the narrower the gap between the item and the + the better it works, also the + ss.plate should be as large as the object you want to derust. Lucky for me there isw a lot of ss scrap avaiable.

• 5 weeks later...

Interesting photos John. Our FWD did not have these rims on it. They dont seem to secure anything so what are they for?

The electrolysis method seems to be working for you, although it leaves a very nasty mess. How do you get rid of that?

So when you applied the scaffolding pole to the nuts on the rim, did the whole wheel spin around as well?

Thanks for posting

Tim (too)

re the electrolisis, if you use regular steel as a positive anode the waste is safe to put on your lawn and is iron rich, good for your grass. Do NOT use stainless steel, it is toxid and cancer causing. Our rims are in 6 parts, the center casting then a spring loaded band that forces the metal ring under the rubber against the center casting then the 2 outer rings that holds everything together wit 12 carage bolts and nuts, I shall post a picture of it soon. The wheel weight so much (200 lbs) so it did not move.

• 2 weeks later...