Blackpool seafront MV's

Smithy

• 1 month later...

I remember from my schooldays that some of the vehicles on Blackpool seafront were Morris Commercials of some sort. I remember the distinctive sloping bonnets and the non-standard wooden bodies referred to in another post here. I have some slides from those days but can't put my hands at them at the moment - they're in storage somewhere but they were only snaps with an Instamatic.

I remember from my schooldays that some of the vehicles on Blackpool seafront were Morris Commercials of some sort. I remember the distinctive sloping bonnets and the non-standard wooden bodies referred to in another post here. I have some slides from those days but can't put my hands at them at the moment - they're in storage somewhere but they were only snaps with an Instamatic.

I suspect that they would be wartime C4s or CS8s going by your description of the sloping bonnets.

I use an "Epson Perfection 2400 Photo" scanner which has given excellent service with photos, negatives and slides for several years. I suppose it's no longer available but maybe this info helps.

You could always ship your slides to me and I'll scan them for you once I've finished drooling over the Blackpool Morrises.

I've been neglecting the LRSOC forum recently, mainly because I'm always on here.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't found the slides of the Morrises on the front at Blackpool yet but have found pictures of one of the Southport DUKWs that have also been mentioned in this thread. It's a B&W print that I've scanned but I recall the DUKWs were red with a yellow stripe. This picture was taken in 1990 or 1991.

DUKW-crop-lr.jpg

It certainly looks like the ones that I remember. I'm sure somebody will be able to identify the location by the background.

Thanks Les.

Edit; That looks like a C9/B. The first clue is the bracket that is fitted to the middle of the bumper, which holds a rod that fixes the front jack in the up position. Further clues are the deep flange below the box section of the chassis and the axle tie-rods. On the other hand, the wheelbase looks a bit short and it's on 20 inch wheels.

Maybe exposure to C9/Bs in Blackpool at an early age is why I look after one now!

Les, if that picture is morris2, what's morris1?

Edited by Ivor Ramsden

Great pictures guys.

When were the last two taken numan?

think bought it about 95 it was rotton as a pear it was last one the sefton council had . picture loading at sefton council yard 2nd in my yard never completed it sold 2003 :blush:

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...