plains tour 2009 NOW CANCELLED

David Ives

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought I would test the water, we were talking last night and have come up with an idea. On the Saterday morning during the stand down and visit, anyone with a gun of any type may be able to desplay it. what we are going to try and do is get permission to set up a table/s and put a selection of weapons out for VIPs and cadets to have a look at. I will speak to West Down today just to see if they will allow us to get our weapons out for display on MOD land. So if you have a gun and would like to show it of weather it's SA80, bren, 50cal anything let me know and I will put it down as a static display.

I am up for some map reading - where exactly is SPTA?

Map reading, :shake::stop:

Huh you had better practice yer skittles mate. You are gonna need all the help you can get, maybe a plan of a skittle ally may be of use :readbook:

Champ`s team member 08

Edited by ashley

Just a quick reminder, anyone wanting to bring a vehicle and are not sure about driving can always use it for the Saterday stand-down display (SSD). All tracked vehicls will be static only unless authorised to move. The basic plan for Saterday is to get some of the local top brass to come over and have a look at what we are about and what we are trying to do. Also I have sent a few invites out to the local ACF groups to see if they would like to pop over for a few hours and have a look at your vehicles. I hope everyone is happy with this format but we are trying to win some hearts and minds from the local Regiments and alike, Also we can fleece the little blighters for some charity money. All this should be over by 2 oclock which will give us a bit of time to get packed and out for a drive before the big Skittles game. The drive will most likely be down to Greenlands camp or the Bombard area. This will give all convoy leaders a chance to get used to leading there groups on the tracks. Just one more thing anyone wishing to bring a gun for display must let me know so I can book it in just to save any problems rearing it ugly head. Any guns on vehicles must be covered while out on the ranges, some locals get a bit twitchy seeing gangs of guys woundering around with weapons.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
. Any guns on vehicles must be covered while out on the ranges, some locals get a bit twitchy seeing gangs of guys woundering around with weapons.

Not something they see very often living in that area is it:rofl:

Mine will be on the vehicle,so can be taken off if so wished,dont know if thats a book in or not,leave it up to you.Cant stop laughing about the locals.when we drive thro brixton they all wont to know where they can get live ones:shake:Major crime scene brixton hill today, had to duck thro back rds as the police closed the main rds.Helicoptor been driving us mad all day.Never mind when they catch them i expect they will get comunity service.:-D

I have just read what I posted, It's been a long day. What I was trying to say is, the locals get twitchy see civvies running around the place with guns. Even though we have green vehiles and look military we still have the law and locals to think of. It's bad enough on the ranges with the local pikey community turning up on the Plains with shooters, crossbows, dogs and caravans, sorry Ash.......... What we are trying to do is show West Down camp we are not just another group giving the range staff the run around. The lastest news from WD is the wet weather ban is still on so lets hope it drys out a bit. Also the Wessex Warrior battle group is still booked to move sometime over our weekend so will try and get more info on this and get in a good view point.

Paul - don't run Ashley down :coffee:

You may not know that i really am of Romany desent.......and i am currently rubbing my crystal ball$ preparing a curse to make more than a fan drop off,,,,`and an xtra piece of cake to come my way:-D

Ashley `Rosie lee` of Dorset

Ash don't say that, Chris and the rest of the range staff we be round riffleing through your caravan looking for lurchers and other furry critters HEHE. Looks as we are going to have to get the bronze green paint out again and paint your Caravan to look like some sort of Military vehicle........25r30wi.gif

Ash don't say that, Chris and the rest of the range staff we be round riffleing through your caravan looking for lurchers and other furry critters HEHE. Looks as we are going to have to get the bronze green paint out again and paint your Caravan to look like some sort of Military vehicle........25r30wi.gif

No Probs Tone,

i have tipped the wife off re your intended visit !!!!! and she is rolling up her sleeves in anticipation and sharpening up her rolling pin...enter at your own PERIL.

I take no responsability....she takes no prisoners (at all) !!!!

yours truly Mr Peaceful

P.S. do they still have music festivals at Stonehenge ??