ZIL's Ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Richard Grosvenor

Has anyone seen the featured vehicle in this months MV price guide of CMV Magazine.

They say that the ZIL 131 is UGLY!!

Are they blind!! It's a beautiful truck. Just look at all those curves!! From any angle they are perfect!!

UGLY!!!UGLY !!! :twisted:

:wink: Regards

Richard

(I wish I could get £4000 for mine though)

Hi,

Zils are good looking-ish but they are nothing compared to a GMC. I'm sure Jack will think the same!

Mick.

I bet a GMC doesn't sound as good!

Have a look at this;

http://www.zil131.co.uk/gallery2/Movie/outmyway

This isn't mine, it's someone's from ZIL131.com. To get the right effect the volume needs to be loud. 8)

Next time I take mine for a run I'll try to do a video with better sound.

Regards

Richard

Mind you, Richard, arn't you selling a Zill >>>>>>>>>>> :lol:

Central tyre inflation system on them is a GREAT idea, though. 8)

Anybody got any photo's of the 'dukw',conversion that the ruskies carried out, - like the yanks did with 353's into dukw's. ???

Andy

Mind you, Richard, arn't you selling a Zill >>>>>>>>>>> :lol:

Mmmmm...... :shock: ....I might be....

But then I look at it and start it up and think I should keep it.

I am planning to re-spray it white, as it was when I got it, and mark it up in U.N. livery. At least then it would be a bit different to all the others. :lol:

Regards

Richard

I can,t believe it Zils ugly your joking if you take one of those to any show it will pull more attention than a gmc.............i,ll just get my coat :D

Certainly makes more noise!!!! Chap I visited a few weeks ago for the guided tour of a crane equipped Stalwart had a couple as well. He was running them on mixed fuel -I think must have been more Derv that petrol - going by the coughs and bangs... :roll: :roll:

I reckon there would be more Zil's on the road over here, if they were available,(easily), with a gs body. I mean, 99% of prospective owners ,I'm guessing,, wouldn't have a use for a tanker body,(unless then could fill it with fuel,- they could then get to the end of their road, without being frightened of running out of fuel................ :lol: )

Still an impressive bit of kit, though,..like most of the ruskie stuff, seen over here.

Andy

Hi all,

In my opinion a Stalwart has to have one of the nicest sounding motors of all time, must be better than a Zil!!! :roll: :wink:

Here are some of the best sounding vehicles:

1969 Dodge Charger. A friend has one.

Stolly

ferret whilst accelerating hard in a low gear.

Centurion tank! Saw the one at Duxford roaring round the arena..magnificent!

Mick..

Know someone who dropped his wallet,.......inc 3 weeks holiday pay....into the darkness: :oops: :oops: :roll:

To say he wasn't Very popular with his missis and kids, would be a tad understatement.................................. :lol:

Andy

Well, I have to agree with Mick about the Ferret's engine. It's brilliant!!

But I don't think I've yet to see or hear a Stalwart running "in the flesh".

And I also agree with Andy about the Decom Units ( or ARS-14's to give them their correct title) not being very practical. The tanks are very easily removed and I've been told that the body off a Rubery Owen dropside trailer will fit on the ZIL's chassis to make a passable replica cargo truck.

But I want to keep mine original. If people keep removing the tanks there probably won't be many ARS-14's left in preservation. I've heard that in the past the "common" variant of a vehicle has been over looked only to become rare years later. ( Hopefully :wink: )

Regards

Richard

Know someone who dropped his wallet,.......inc 3 weeks holiday pay....into the darkness: :oops: :oops: :roll:

To say he wasn't Very popular with his missis and kids, would be a tad understatement.................................. :lol:

Andy

Be a nice to find up for sale though!!! :D

But I don't think I've yet to see or hear a Stalwart running "in the flesh"

Regards

Richard

I have - 'tis a truly wonderful sound to hear - and sight to see :D:D:D

Thats one of the reasons I want one!!!