Unusual spades ....

Willyslancs

• 1 year later...
Can these spades be identified please ? One has a bayonet that goes inside the handle, a saw blade ,and no markings.

The other one has a removable head that can be swapped for an axe head.......:coffee:

Never seen anything like these before, & I have handled tons of Militaria!

The axe is nice, it looks like the handle on the side turns it into a wirecutter also.

Oval hole in the blade is for removing nails.

Dont know from which country it's from though. It wouldnt suprise me to find out it may be Swiss!

They have turned out some very nice quality Military stuff!

Mike

Could they be "home made" by the guys who did all the mine tunnels under the german and british trenches in the first/second WW. they had a few nice weapons to protect themselves if they came across someone else from the other side doing the same as them.

I have been thinking about this item, and I am sure I have seen something like it before. My guess is that it is Not Military and is just an ornament made in the far east for the European Antique market trade. Have you tried the 'Antiques Roadshow' yet?

I have been thinking about this item, and I am sure I have seen something like it before. My guess is that it is Not Military and is just an ornament made in the far east for the European Antique market trade. Have you tried the 'Antiques Roadshow' yet?

they not tried antiques roadshow due to so many other interesting items , its case of which do you take...too well made for an ornament........