Bladed Weapons/Jeep Axe

Jessie The Jeep

Travelling from Poole to Normandy 2004 jobsworth made everybody remove all tools before being allowed on the ferry.

thanks degsy, myself and rod are hopefully taking the oy and that has a timber core body and is decked out appropriatly 8 axes and varios saws and handbils

regards

We might just have been unlucky as the group we were with had been many times previously with no problems, perhaps the terrorist threat had just made this character go a bit OTT. Perhaps it would be better to store them out of sight, the other problem could be if the French take exception to them, they seem to make up the rules as they go along and can be very unpredictable, might be wise to check before you go.

Last time I tok mine on a ferry the little security man came up leaned on the wing, making me wince as he had all sorts of buckles on his kit , and said 'Got any weapons?' I just said 'No just tools', and he walked away. 'They' do seem very nervous about jerrycans though, I just leave the lids up when going on to the dock and rattle them if asked.

Edited by Tony B

Unfortunately nothing is safe these days, I've had stuff nicked when my back has just been turned for a minute, if it's not bolted down some lowlife will nick it. I think you are very wise not to take tools like that to France, especially when they've been donated it's not just the financial value.