M26 Pacific

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi John not Franks old one that was altered coach built cab ex Delvenne heavy haulage from Belgium Franks went to A.F Budge now with Howard Francis in South Wales

But Didn't Frank have an armoured one as well ? I am sure he sold it to a guy in America (before the embargo on USA built armour returning to the states) He once showed me a photo of it at Liverpool docks as it was being loaded. Peter Grey was involved in getting it through customs from France into the UK.

John.

PS how is Diesel Daughter doing with the Volvo ?

Hi John ..yes Frank did have a Armoured one also.. that came from France he bought it with Mike Maslin ..was in green ex french army Yes Peter Gray managed to get it through customs for him ..I drove it off his low loader for him at Liverpool docks when he sold it ..original Hall Scott still in that one ..I got some pics picking it up with him at Dover i will try to post on here .. on his old Pickfords crusader..

Hi John ..yes Frank did have a Armoured one also.. that came from France he bought it with Mike Maslin ..was in green ex french army Yes Peter Gray managed to get it through customs for him ..I drove it off his low loader for him at Liverpool docks when he sold it ..original Hall Scott still in that one ..I got some pics picking it up with him at Dover i will try to post on here .. on his old Pickfords crusader..

Thanks Graham, My memory is not so bad after all ! hope all goes ok on the Cottam move this weekend.

John

Hi John ..Leanne doing ok with volvo think waiting for shot blasting now ..although been busy at Lincs so not been home for a while now ...I know she definately wants some of them tyres if still available mate ?..Cheers Graham

No problem Graham, just give me a call when you want them.

John

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

New in town, so I hope you don't mind interfering :-D

However I know only one camouflaged M15 trailer in Holland and that one is at te Overloon museum

The loaded M4 high speed tractor with RN 924574 on the trailer is also there

Never knew they had been used to go to show's

MichelK

Hi Andy,

well there are 2 Dragon wagons at the Overloon museum, the one in front is to far away to recognise

the first is the armoured version with the M15A1 type trailer, both with black-olive green camouflage

the other is the soft top version with brown-black camouflage with the M15A1 type trailer in olive green

MichelK

M26 Dragon Wagon..jpg

M26A1 Dragon Wagon.jpg

I would advice you to make an stop there, if you have the opportunity

In it's kinds it is the biggest collection of military vehicle's in Europe

Most of the military museums have an lot of AFV and an limited number of other military vehicle's or equipment

At Overloon it is the complete opposite

I have some more picture's of the M26's there, so if some one is looking for an certain view let me know

Perhaps I can help, I have also picture's of the Hall-Scott 440 engine

How ever I do not have picture of the inside of the cabin, they are not accesible :-(

MichelK

Some of us forum members went last year, very impressive place and worth a re visit.

Ashley

Most of the military museums have an lot of AFV and an limited number of other military vehicle's or equipment

I have some more picture's of the M26's there, so if some one is looking for an certain view let me know

How ever I do not have picture of the inside of the cabin, they are not accesible :-(

MichelK

MichelK

Any pictures of the M746 / 747 combination they have ?

Any pictures of the M746 / 747 combination they have ?

Hi John,

I had to look it up first to figure out what the M746 is :-D

However I think you mean the Ward LaFrance HET.

To my knowledge they do not have an M746/747 combination at Overloon, at least not last year that I was there :-\

However there is an M746/747 combination at ArmyCars at Zwijndrecht, The Netherlands

This are the remains of the former Marshall museum, at the same location

They have an M746/747 combo and it is carry-ing an M88A1GE (German version of the M88 ARV)

There is also an M747 loaded with an M47 tank

You need any piciture's....:-D

Is there an special thread about the M746?

Because I do not want to ruine the M26 thread

Follow the link :cool2:

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/panzerpanther5/ArmyCars%20museum%20Zwijndrecht/M746WardLaFranceHET-03.jpg

MichelK

• 2 months later...

Hi folks,

question, does some one have an picture of the toolbox that was fitted inside the cabin :???

That would be at the location behind the engine cover, below the opening in the roof

There is an frame to hold an toolbox, however on all the picture's I could find the frame is empty

MichelK

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I dont Know Rich, but one thing is for sure, they are truly awesome:D ,the look, the sound of that engine and the size are all fantastic. i want one but i dont think it will fit down my road let alone my garden!

While there were other things that might be used to tow things like the Federal Wreaker then the Ward LeFrance and then smaller the Diamond T as far as I know The U.S. Army didnt have any other vehicle like the Pacific .

I dont know what the production numbers were ,I m sure someone will post that information .