Fordson ambulance.

MikeOwen

Hi Folks!

I am desperately trying to find a decent photograph of a Fordson, 3 ton, six-wheeler, four wheel drive ambulance, of the type that I used to drive on RAF Station Masirah, (preferably in white but blue would do!). If any member has such I would be very grateful for a copy. Alternatively, directions to a site where I would be likely to find one would be useful. Thanks in advance. Mike.

Mike, are you looking for photos of the Fordson WOT1 ambulance? If so, try getting hold of Military Vehicle Pamphlet 9: Ford WOT-1 by Mike Conniford, which has a couple of good external and internal photos. It's long out of print but you should be able to find copies on Ebay.

If you are not sure, here are some WOT1 fire engine pictures that'll give you an idea of what the WOT1 chassis looks like, albeit the ambulance version had the standard Fordson hard cab: http://album.sixappealwheel.org/view_album.php?set_albumName=album11

Mark a great site !! and a fine example of the post- WW2 Fordson Sussex heavy ambulance.

I suspect this is the one Mike is looking for ??

TED

Ted,

thats why I posted it, either it isnt the one, or Mike cant find it?

Mark :cool:

PS, glad you like the site!!!