youngguns explorer blog

younggun

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wave:Cheers for the pics. you have the petrol water pump on your engine but i think i wiil be able to plumb a similar arrangement up on my motor (assuming the crankshaft job goes to plan.) Also noticed it's only running one oil filter so your egg n sauce can exit down between the chassis rail. Nice n neat. Mine farts straight out the side and i have a stainless flexi running under the track box. I have done my best to tuck it out it the way more so than it was, Just hope it dosen't get slurped into the front wheel when it comes up on full right hand lock:red:

Edited by rbrtcrowther
speling

She's a beaut DD ! I saw her at Llandudno and Dorset and was very impressed ! I saw a chap changing the drive couplings at Llandudno but he was not too keen on talking Scammells ! Totally understandable as he was busy ! Look forward to your photos and experiences driving the old girl as I have yet to complete Daisy :sweat:! Andy F.:-D

• 2 weeks later...

hi all i seem to have a problem with my injector pump i seem to have water in both parts of the pump caseing and cant seem to find a drain plug on both parts of the pump to solve the problem

what oil should be in the pump also ?

thanks nick

007.JPG

Nick, they use engine oil. Some installations use a circulation system plumbed into the engine oil pressure line and drain, but this one will have its own sumps.

Hopefully someone here will have a Meadows engine manual with the right CAV information, but the drain plugs should be underneath or to the side right at the base, athough there is a big mounting plate under the pump section....

Thinking of which, I've been trying to get a Meadows diesel workshop manual - missed one on ebay last year.

Does anyone have one spare to sell? If so I would be quite happy to get some copies professionally done and ring bound, for anyone who needs one. This would be at cost - but the more copies done the cheaper it is. I usually find they run out at £15 to £30 depending on the number (if any) of large pull-out diagrams.

Alternatively is there anyone who would be prepared to lend one for this purpose?

If there is one available, I'm quite happy to keep a copy, not the original, but I don't mind organising the copying.

How many would be interested in a copy?

I have old and later style parts books (Meadows didn't waste money on publications - they look like poorly carbon copied typed lists inside very nicely printed card covers!!!).

Edited by N.O.S.

Parry davis is going to try to borrow one to copy for me, in return I'm lending him a parts catalogue for their records. They are quite cheap in CD form, and even cheaper if you are a Register member.

I suggest you contact him if you want one too, Nick - but it might cost you membership of the Scammell Register :cool2:

hi younggun she is very tidy what does she go like with the meadows diesal in. I went in a 20 ton constructor with a meadows diesal in last year. 28 on the floor but very quiet in cab nearly sold thor to get it. But dident have heart to let her go.:-\

hi younggun she is very tidy what does she go like with the meadows diesal in. I went in a 20 ton constructor with a meadows diesal in last year. 28 on the floor but very quiet in cab nearly sold thor to get it. But dident have heart to let her go.:-\

hi thor i would like to tell wot hes like with the meadows but sadly i havent been for a drive on the road yet i havent owned him long, only can drive him the lenght of the farm drive and back again engine ive bin told he only will pull about 30 on the road. engine runs sweet as a nut with only some slight oil leaks hopefull ill be on the road in a couple of weeks once i sort my air problems.

and for people who have trouble sleeping something to sooth and calm (except andyfowler who will be all excited before bed time )

th_MVI_5149.jpg

Edited by younggun

Thinking of which, I've been trying to get a Meadows diesel workshop manual - missed one on ebay last year.

Does anyone have one spare to sell? If so I would be quite happy to get some copies professionally done and ring bound, for anyone who needs one. This would be at cost - but the more copies done the cheaper it is. I usually find they run out at £15 to £30 depending on the number (if any) of large pull-out diagrams.

Alternatively is there anyone who would be prepared to lend one for this purpose?

If there is one available, I'm quite happy to keep a copy, not the original, but I don't mind organising the copying.

How many would be interested in a copy?

I have old and later style parts books (Meadows didn't waste money on publications - they look like poorly carbon copied typed lists inside very nicely printed card covers!!!).

Hello,

I didn't miss the one on ebay last year. In fact it's sat next to me now and it says to use a good quality oil about quarter of a pint. No mension of a drain plug either. Also says that the pump is lubricated by the fuel oil so why that part has a dip stick i don't know. The book dosen't cover the vacume controlled pump only the mechanicle one.

Currently using the manual at the moment as my engine is scatterd round the shed waiting for the petrol crank to plop in.

Automotive engine 130hp @ 1900 rpm.

Dry weight 1.790lb

Oil pressure of not less than 40psi hot.:whentitsdone:

Less then 25psi :stop:immediately

All the best Rob.