youngguns explorer blog

younggun

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

thanks daz .like you have not been on here in a while allso

well i thought it was time i did a little update even tho i have not been posting for a while the work on floyd has continued .

over the christmas holidays i was prepareing floyd for the local new years day road run when suddenly the main air tank decided that it was going to leak . on inspection the tank had rusted and gone thin so was removed from the truck and had a new barrell welded into it. now is good as new . to get the tank out the only way i could was too release the u bolts and lift the chassis off the axel to give me room to drop the tank out the bottom past the diff . whille the tank was being welded i sent the rear leaf spings away to be re tempered and rebuilt at the same time .

also i have decided my trusty little hobbit box is no longer big enough so a replacemet has been found and purchased . :cool2:

085.jpg

092.jpg

126.JPG

139.jpg

131.JPG

140.jpg

124.jpg

Edited by younggun

Very smart! Just out of interest who did you use for the springs? Have you got much to do to the living wagon? should look good behind Floyd. No chance of 'idle hand syndrome' with you is there :-D

Very smart! Just out of interest who did you use for the springs? Have you got much to do to the living wagon? should look good behind Floyd. No chance of 'idle hand syndrome' with you is there :-D

used a company we use at work http://www.jones-springs.co.uk/ stripped cleaned re temperd and new clamps made for £165 the pair. not worth me messing round with them for that money .

living van is bare as it was so ideal for me to do what i want to it

Edited by younggun

Great work, keep them going. Just read entire thread over the last 3 days!!

Makes my little 452's journey to W&P look easy now!!

thanks pete. dosent matter what your driveing to war and peace nothings ever easy. we just all know its worth it when we get there :beer:

Edited by younggun