2010 Coach Trip

M5Clive

As we intend to make this a five day event, somewhere in the middle of the event, we intend to hire a coach (or two if necessary) and doing a tour of the local area WWII aircraft crash sites.

I find this particular area of research very interesting and I cannot convey enough details to all individuals drivers and crews of 60 + vehicles on the move, nor can we halt a convoy of this size at some of the relevant sites, due to the space this number of vehicles would occupy. Therefore, I propose to conduct a guided tour of this nature by coach for those interested parties. We would also visit the crash/belly sites of a couple of aircraft that bellied-in on return from the October 10th Munster mission in the locality - Sound good?

We also intend to have a much larger communal tent/marquee at Bolero Base HQ for the greater interaction of all participants. One positive spin that came from Bolero 2007 was the way friendships were forged between likeminded individuals, many from HMVF, who up until Bolero had not actually met each other and knew each other simply as screen-names. The Bolero HQ Tent worked really well, but ideally needed to be bigger with slightly more facilities - This is something we intend/hope to improve upon, but it is of course all subject to funding being available.

Any thoughts on any of the above?

Clive

We have 2 GP Medium tents. One of which will be needed for The Cubes HQ but the other one you are welcome to use as an extention for Bolero HQ :)

They are just the same as the one you had there in 2007, if you get that one again we could add our spare one to the side of it, so would give a size of 36 feet long X 32 feet wide.

Question for clive..... passed the turn off for parham airfield on the A12 today could not

help but notice the MVT siqn used for bolero is still there...are you leaving it for 2010 or

testing it for durability!!??

ps seems to be holding up remarkably well,colour still vibrant etc

Dave