Vampire dugout on TimeTeam

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
dammit.....I knew there was something else I should have been doing :(

To busy trying to fool me,i was watching at the same time.:-D

After all the fuss I managed to miss it, lighting damp sparklers in Grays. No fair exchange perhaps despite the goodness of the company. We will hopefully be bringing you an interview about this programme etc (which we would have got done a lot earlier if the tractor tyre market was not so parlous and my professional tea drinkers were not so professiona)l.

MB

Daft thing is proably the best thing to do to preserve it is, fill back with water. The problem is, these were never meant to be permenant structures. The clsy round there is soft and heay, as mentioned it was the pressure of the clay holding it up. that has now been disturbed. The cost and technical difficulty will proably mean it eventually just disappears. The Allies always looked upon trenches as tempoary to contain the Triple Alliance as a prelude to attack. The Triple Alliance (Germany, still a relitivly new country then, and the Austrian Hungarian Empire)made a better job of their trenches, note most concrete emplacments are their's, as if they didn't get any futher, control of the area was to be used as barganing tool.

Good program,..............makes you wonder what was going to happen to it, once 'dig', was 'over' ??

according to one of the "quality" newspapers there's talk of making it into a tourist attraction - who funds the conservation and other work to do that is of course not mentioned

Very True, Tony;..............the way to do it, possibly, and if someone had deep enough pockets, :sweat: would be to buy some land and replicate what's been found, only building outer shell in concrete, then 'hiding', it with the shuttering;...........would still be a major attraction, methinks........

We get that show here ..but its about 5 years behind the UK . And It's always out of chronological sequence too.. In one episode you see Carenza holding her infant .. then, 5 episodes later she appears and she is obviously pregnant.

I've seen the 3 episodes where they dig up WW2 aircraft. Spitfire .. B17 and the Invader .

I spotted the kiwi girl Brigit ,her accent is very noticeable.