Trailers

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are a Gentleman Sir Thank You.

The 10ft wheelbase Commer will be the later one with the Bonnet. The attaced is borrowed from one of Bart's bibles the photo is from the Victory parade Another item that is featured on Pathe,

Thanks again I will get these all printed and into my bedtime reading book !

regards TED

Commer 4 ton.jpg

6x6 wrote:

A very interesting video, thanks Roland. It would be nice to see a few photographs of the AEC on the Militant thread sometime. Are you able to find spare parts, if needed, for the Militant in Germany ? So many were based there, are there any left in Germany in ex.military surplus yards ? Cheers.

Our (Fliegerhorstmuseum Leipheim - Airbase museum) Militant is the last remain AEC Mk.1 in Germany. No other around! Ex. military surplus yards are only with US-MV´s here . British vehicles were bought by belgium and netherlands dealers. Germans never had much interests with british MV,s. (because the steering-wheel is at the wrong side ;-) )

Spares we search and get in UK if available. Since 1994 we own the Militant. A stuck fuelpipe and a brocken aircompressor were the only major failures in that time. It´s a really workhorse!

Since 1994 we own the Militant. It´s a really workhorse!

Roland, thank you for such an interesting reply. The Militant is a real favourite of mine and a wonderful lorry out on the road. Let me know if you ever have problems finding spares. Looking forward to seeing a few 'photos of this A.E.C. on the Militant thread.

The Ministry of Supply's "Data book of Wheeled Vehicles" only lists Cranes as the manufacturer.

There are surprisingly few of these on the rally scene considering that they are the standard WW2 trailer used by Light Aid Detachments. Would look great behind behind an Austin K6 gantry!