Trailers

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

09-11-2008185628.jpg

Gary Grysa had just bought it from Antar Owner Mike Pickup in Suffolk, and we were ready for the off, We got pulled by the rozzers for this one...

the conversation began something like this

" We just had to stop you, everone is talking about you on the radio. That's a nice old truck, isn't it, but I was just wondering why there doesn't appear to be a ministry plate on the trailer, Is it currently tested?..."

Just what you need on a nice Sunday morning....

Can anyone identify these two trailers ?

'Photo A.

sc0022a0f9.jpg

'Photo B.

sc00031370.jpg

Photo A is Rubery owen 10 ton light recovery trailer. (see Grumpy goes off raod thread) and see my post above regarding 00 DE 67

Photo B Crane Fruehauf 62 ton trailer behing Scammell Commander??

Edited by antarmike

Were the Queen Mary trailers ever built as or converted to anything else? Internally this one looked to have a fairly professional conversion, and since it still lives in the corner of a ww2 bomber station, I suspect it's never had a civilian owner?

Chris

03-03-07 005.jpg

This is I believe a 'Bridge Launching Trailer' made by Cranes of Dereham. Has anybody got anymore info/pictures on them?

It is as you say a bridge launching trailer, which would have been used with a Scammell Crusader ( looks like one attached to trailer in your photo). It was used to carry and deploy a No.9 bridge which is of one piece and maximum span of 12.2 metres. It would be used directly over an existing low classifiction bridge. The other version of this bridge is the no.8 which is folding and was carried and deployed on a Cheiftain AVLB.

In all seriousness, 6x6, I imagine the trailer will have survived very well underneath that lot - the last couple I've seen have been a bit on the 'tender' side.

Still available..........could be delivered. Dry stored since 1947. 5 tonner as in Catweazle's 'photo above.

sc00101566.jpg