Vehicle History

Sylvester

Anyone happen to know how one goes about getting the history of thier truck??

I am now the proud owner of a Bedford QL but........ I have no details at all about the old girls history!

Armour was easy, just contact Bovy! But Old Trucks???

Any suggestions?

Fred

Anyone happen to know how one goes about getting the history of thier truck??

I am now the proud owner of a Bedford QL but........ I have no details at all about the old girls history!

Armour was easy, just contact Bovy! But Old Trucks???

Any suggestions?

Fred

Fred,

You will probably not find any service history, although careful rubbing down in the right places may reveal unit and div signs from its postwar service (ignoring those painted on by past private owners). If you know its postwar WD reg number, which might be on a brass plate on nearside of chassis, you can then go to RLC Museum at Deepcut and ask for a copy of the Key Card for that number. This will give you chassis no., original WD census no. starting L*******, contract no and brief detail of the location it was struck off from and disposal date. All for £25 !

Cheers Richard,

Once again you come up trumps!!

Will have a shufty round the old girl, have found lots of little brass plates on various spots, as for poss markins under the paint....its had a complete makeover about 15 years ago looking at the reciepts! all that sort o stuff is lost me thinks maybe!

Thanks for the PM, will have a look, mind you, it may make life easier perhaps not knowing eh? As I want to mark her up in my Dads old veh markins as a tribute.

But, might still have to find out.....the curious bit in me eh!!

Thanks tho,

speak in a bit eh!

Fred & Annika

Fred,

You will probably not find any service history, although careful rubbing down in the right places may reveal unit and div signs from its postwar service (ignoring those painted on by past private owners). If you know its postwar WD reg number, which might be on a brass plate on nearside of chassis, you can then go to RLC Museum at Deepcut and ask for a copy of the Key Card for that number. This will give you chassis no., original WD census no. starting L*******, contract no and brief detail of the location it was struck off from and disposal date. All for £25 !

I put in an RLC search on my Humber Pig, and Crocs Scammell Explorer, and got nothing back on both, Pre 1970 information is patchy apparently, they weren't particular about looking after the cards before then, so it can be a very hit and miss affair.

I put in an RLC search on my Humber Pig, and Crocs Scammell Explorer, and got nothing back on both, Pre 1970 information is patchy apparently, they weren't particular about looking after the cards before then, so it can be a very hit and miss affair.

My friend has just had a copy of Key Card showing his 1944 Ford WOT6 and I have had them for Bedford MW and QL, so I feel sure Fred might have luck, providing he can find a postwar WD number on the lorry.