Welbike Replia Progress

Ian Staples

Hi guys,

This is how far I have got with my Welbike replica. I have gone as far as I can untill I find a motor and wheels. Can anyone help me find a pair of either genuine Welbike of Brockhouse Corgi spoked wheels or at least a pair of 8inch rims, anywhere in the world, so I can make up my own hubs and spokes etc. Any leads would be much appreciated. Any leads on a Villiers Junior Deluxe or Excelsior Spryt engine in the USA would be helpful.

Regards,

Ian

What is the correct coulor kahki to paint it with?

20081026153659.jpg

20081026153852.jpg

20081026153908.jpg

20081026153957.jpg

20081026154021.jpg

Ian, that chassis looks far too nice to paint cow-sh1t brown !

The original Excelsior build date of 1942/43 and the photographs that I've seen of surviving original examples suggest that SCC No.2 brown would be the correct ex-works colour.

This article gives some useful background to the reasons for a change to brown during the mid-war years :- http://www.wdnorton.nl/Colours.html

Hi Guys,

I may have found an engine for my replica Welbike in Doncaster, South Yorkshire, UK but the owners dont sound too keen on shipping it internationally. Is there anybody that could help me out with this? I imagine it would be a matter of getting the engine to a international shipping/freight company and a bit of paperwork and maybe some packaging.

Regards,

Ian

Hi Guys,

I may have found an engine for my replica Welbike in Doncaster, South Yorkshire,

Best I can offer right now from Harrogate is help with collection and indefinite dry storage while you find someone to guide you through that process, assuming sellers want it off their premises etc. I can help with any preparation and packaging materials needed but will be useless at paperwork and formalities etc. For example, I could have it made ready for collection by a courier as part of the forwarding process.

All the best

• 1 year later...