Launched - The HMVF Once More Onto The Beach campaign..

Jack

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know - there are times oh Fearless Leader when one can be awfully tempted to drop a GMC on you from a great height!!!

At least you could tell us WHY you can't tell us!!! :rofl:

If I did I would have to kill myself...or do I have that the wrong way around:???

Updated! On the front page - not far off getting 12 vets back to the beaches.

I am off to Ciney tomorrow so won't be around until Tuesday so lets see if we can get up to 12 by then! We just need £148!!!!! I will also sort the tins out next week tooo and get them sent...

Just picked up the higher car and trying to figure out the satnav...so far, I have managed to get from Dorset to Scotland - but I want to go to Belgium, reckon the satnav is stuffed - bl*ody junk :coffee:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm feeling unhappy with myself . I feel guilty & unworthy

This morning our local RBL collector came to the door & rather apologetically asked if I had already got a poppy. I replied that I had but would like to buy another from him. While we chatted I pointed out the truck poppy on the Mercedes & the Once More Onto The Beach poster in the windscreen & told him about the NVA/HMVF campaign & how we have so far raised sufficient to send 11+ veterans back next year . He was unaware of the project but he thanked me profusely for what I'd done & wished us luck .

I don't feel I deserve praise . All I've done is sign a cheque and post it . People like him are the praiseworthy ones .

Edited by snowtracdave
Too much information !

Well if it is any help, you're not the only one. Identical situation last week with our local old boy who travels around leaving envelopes and collecting later. I too told him about the campaign and it was news to him too. But he was delighted that NVA and HMVF were proactive. That guy along with many others put in a lot of effort at this time of year, and are happy to collect 5p or £5. in the same way as some of the forum members who have and will continue to collect at shows, sometimes for seemingly small amounts of donations. But they all add up.

But to your point Dave, you're wrong to think like that, OK? I often find myself doing things for a bit of a "FEELGOOD" factor. But in the case of the Beaches thing, it was a completely instinctive response, driven by respect and gratitude and I suppose partly by the momentum that is HMVF.

You didn't feel the need to tell him you'd written a cheque out for £400, did you? Of course not, but you were really chuffed to be able to tell him that a group of ethernet misfits linked by a whacky interest in 'the green machine' were busy facilitating some veterans' return to the beaches, weren't you?

:tup::

Edited by N.O.S.

This is a strange thing we are doing. Since we started this campaign many wonderful stories have come out of it. This has to be the most profound thing HMVF has done - ever. I have had so many wonderful phone calls from people from all walks of life all offering support and good will. I have made a note of all these people and will never forget who has donated and why.

Dave you should in no way feel nothing but pride. We will always be spell bound by these people. And you are one hell of a human being to think as you do. Everyone who has so far donated to the campaign will know all to well that wonderful, warm and loving feeling that you get from it - even the young girl who sent in just over £4, she loves going out with her dad in their Ferret and understand the connection.

What we are able to do here is to be able to do something real and get those guys back there.

In all of our own personal journeys we too get the chance to walk in the footsteps of hero's.

Update – had a second donation from a member today…

It was for a very good reason – let’s just say that it isn’t a normal reason but none the less it helps to get our men back there. I would say that it is in keeping with their style (who the hell shouted eccentric at the back there????!) and will tell you all about it tomorrow…..:sweat:

Very nice reply in the letter.

I was going to attend a local Poppy day collection in the truck tomorrow Sat, but we have some personal problems and we cant attend, so instead of putting fuel in the truck I am donating what I would have used in fuel to get there, to this cause...........

So here is another £40 to go with the rest........................

Keep up the great work one and all.