Launched - The HMVF Once More Onto The Beach campaign..

Jack

It is now our turn.

As of today, the HMVF Once More Onto The Beach campaign is launched. Everything is now in please to be a part of history that we can help write.

The whole plan is on the front page and have added some of it here too. Bodge Deep has done an amazing job with the banner and should be justly proud of it. Artist Rifles is busy behind the scenes too and will help drive this forward. You can get to the article, the methods of payment by clicking on the campaign that you will see throughout the site.

I have some case studies to go up as well and just awaiting the images from the NVA.

Any question at all then please just let me know - here is the article/news/update....

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The HMVF Once More Onto The Beach campaign in association with the Normandy Veterans Association.

The Final Battle - it is now our turn.

“Help us make one last journey to our D-Day beaches in honour of our fallen”, plead veterans.

First the back ground to this campaign and then how to make payment and some case studies

paras_smallnva.jpgThe Normandy Veterans Association, or NVA for short, wants to raise £300,000. This would enable them to send at least 1000 veterans back to the invasion beaches for the 65th anniversary of D-Day, June 6th 2009. They want to be able to stand along side their fellow US and Canadian brothers in arms. For most this will be their last time as age and health is taking its toll.

You might think the British government would pay for our war heroes to return, after all, they helped save the free world? Unfortunately and sadly this is not the case. The USA and Canadian governments have promised funding for their veterans to return. They are paying for them to travel thousands of miles. The round trip from New York to Paris is at least 7,270 miles. If coming from the west coast of the USA then it is an 11,332 round trip.

The British government is refusing to pay for veterans to cross, what is in some cases just 24 miles of water to France.

So what does that have to do with HMVF?

Well actually it has everything to do with us – because we are going to help raise money for the NVA. We are going to be responsible for getting some of our men back there.

This was started with a post on the HMVF forum from Neil Plunkett (Artist’s Rifles). Neil posted up about the NVA trying to raise £300,000 for the veterans. On June the 6th this year my good lady bought me a newspaper because on the front page was this story. I had pinned it to the beam thinking that we must do something about this. When Neil posted up a newsletter from the NVA regarding the campaign, the fuse was lit.

I contacted the NVA and said that we would want to be part of their campaign and how can we help. They were more than happy to hear from us and wanted our help. I was very aware that it would be important to me to have HMVF working in association with the NVA. It is important to give HMVF’s campaign credence and credibility. So I have discussed everything with the NVA. We have agreed upon and arranged all payments options and protocols. The HMVF Once More Onto The Beach banner and logo has been more than approved and is something to be proud of.

I have told the NVA that HMVF is going to raise at least £4000, which will enable 10 of our men to return for the 65th.

Why are we doing this?

photo_1_6e36d22d4ca23d3f9be90344c6da66ef.jpgBecause we can and because it is the right thing to do. Ironically our hobby is based on machines that were part of the death and destruction that these men went through. This hobby needs to help the final battle. This is something that we can all be proud of; this is giving something back. Yes there are other charities that we all give to, but I am not asking you to change that. I am simply asking that we do this last thing for these men. We will be responsible for getting at least ten veterans to Normandy, that is pretty profound. We can talk to these men and will be able to meet them on the beaches and look them in the eye. This is a very special campaign and will be a very moving experience.

This is how we are going raise our target of £4000.

I am going to ask you all for a donation. I am personally donating £400 – that is our first veteran returning to Normandy. Nine left…

I am committed to this and I’ll give you my word that I will phone, write, email or meet every single company in our hobby that I can think of for a donation. I won’t rest until we have hit our target – once we have reached this, I will raise the game. It is time to kiss egos goodbye.

Every company that makes a donation we will list them and they will have their company banner on the supporters page. This will click through to their website if they have one.

I do not expect everyone to match me with £400 as in true HMVF style there is no pressure, no right or wrong, no big stick. Just do what you can. Even if you have something that you can sell or auction to a fellow member then let’s do it. Every pound is going to make a difference. Don’t take your MV out for one weekend – the money you would spend on fuel can be sent for the campaign. Small things make a big difference. Think about that.

Other ways you can help.

graves_nva.jpgTell everyone you know and ask them for a donation. You do not have to be a member of HMVF to help – remember what I said earlier, kiss those egos goodbye. If you belong to a group, trust, association then tell everyone about it at your next meeting. If you belong to other forums then ask the Admin there if you could post up some details about it – even better, ask them if they can mention it in their newsletters. Drop a line to your local newspaper or send me their details and I will call them myself. I will have some fliers made to hand out at shows – I will send you some. Speak to your local radio station - get on the news. If you sell your vehicle then be brave and donate £50 or what you can afford to the campaign.

Tell me anyone you think I should speak to and I will call them.

OK, how do I make a donation?

HMVF and the NVA have worked out the best way to make payment so that we cover all avenues. We can accept cheques, bank transfer, cash and PayPal. We need to make sure that all payments have the reference of HMVF on them so that we can track all payments made. I can send everyone receipts if you need them for your records or for your accountant. Please see below for payment options:

Cheque:

Payable to - Normandy Veterans Assocation

Sent to –

HMVF Campaign

Jack Beckett.

Pathfinder Distribution Ltd

Unit 9 Luccombe Business Centre

Milton Abbas

Blandford

Dorset

DT11 0BD

I will then forward these onto the NVA.

Bank Transfer direct to the NVA account:

Account: 73578983

Sort: 60 16 03

Name: Normandy Veterans Association

Please send me a note/email letting me know what you have sent so that I can add it to the rolling total.

Cash – with your full name and address to:

HMVF Campaign

Jack Beckett

Milton Abbas

Blandford

Dorset

DT11 0BD

PayPal:

jack at hmvf.co.uk

The NVA do not have a PayPal account and asked if we could use ours. We then forward payment to their account every time we have over £50 in the account. Please be aware that PayPal will take a fee from your donation of around 3%. I am speaking to them to see if we can get this waived.

We will have a running total as we go so please keep checking back and we will be discussing it in full on the forum. A massive thank you goes to Rupert Fox (Bodge Deep) who designed the Once More Onto The Beach banner – the chairman of the NVA fell in love with it, thanks Roop.

My full contact details are below if you would like to discuss anything about the campaign or can help in any way:

Jack Beckett.

Milton Abbas

Blandford

Dorset

DT11 0BD

T - 01258 880298

E - info at pathfinderdistribution.com

Finally, lets do our best, something to be proud of - let gets to work and get at least ten good men Once More Onto The Beach.

Case studies:

Will be posted on Monday

Edited by Marmite!!
Gift Aid Form link added

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI Jack or Mods

Just a comment can this be place in the news front page ?. I Failed to see the anouncment :shocked: as I need to scroll the front page down to find it !!.

Lets shout this out loud to the WORLD

Dave C

:tup:::yay:

OK there is now another Vet going to Normandy next June. The cubed one and myself have decided to pay the £400, have just transfered the money direct into the account.

We talked about it and admittedly I questioned wether we could afford it or not and that we need to look after ourselves, thats when the cubed one said 'course we can afford it silly woman, its only money and we cant take it with us, they lost so many of their friends and comrades its the least we can do'

So there you go peeps 2.5 Vets on their way to the beaches next year :)

Make that three and a half . Cheque will be in the post soon as I've found an envelope .

It's a very small price to pay in comparison to what they and their comrades paid for us .

:yay::yay::yay: well done Dave :) dont it make you feel all warm and snug inside? Knowing you have really helped someone.

In another post about this it was mentioned that if the people receiving the donations were a charity they could claim it back anyway ????? If this is the case do we need to send the gift aid forms to Jack.

Can someone please confirm accurately what needs to be done, as it would be a shame for them to miss out on extra money which is so deserving.

Does the NVA know where this money is coming from and who from ?

In another post about this it was mentioned that if the people receiving the donations were a charity they could claim it back anyway ????? If this is the case do we need to send the gift aid forms to Jack.

Can someone please confirm accurately what needs to be done, as it would be a shame for them to miss out on extra money which is so deserving.

Does the NVA know where this money is coming from and who from ?

Yes they MUST have a copy of the Gift Aid Form from each donator.. you must be a tax payer & you only need to do it once.. it's only the registered Charity that can claim it & not Jack..

Gift aid – an overview Gift aid is tax relief on money donated to UK charities.

We treat donations as if the donor had already deducted basic rate tax from them. The charity can then reclaim this tax to increase the value of a donation.

Gift aid rules

Donors must

• pay enough UK income tax and/or capital gains tax themselves to cover the amount of tax the charity will reclaim

• give the charity a gift aid declaration, which should include

- their name

- their home address

- the charity’s name

- details of the donation – saying that it is a gift aid donation

- confirmation that they have paid UK tax – to cover the tax the charity will reclaim.

A declaration can be made to cover individual donations,a series of donations, can cover donations made during a specified period or to cover all future donations. They can also be backdated for up to 6 years prior to the date of the declaration provided the donation was made since 6 April 2000.

Tax relief

If a customer pays the

• basic rate of tax, they cannot claim further tax relief on the payments

• higher rate of tax, they can claim higher rate relief on the payments by entering the donations in the gift aid box on their self assessment tax return. Customer's who receive a form P810 can declare their gift aid payments on it.

Edited by Marmite!!

ONLY DO THIS IF YOU ARE A UK RESIDENT TAXPAYER

You cannot do this if you live abroad (eg. Enigma)

You cannot use this form if the donation is from your company bank account, it can only be from a (real) individual person who is a tax payer

1. Download the declaration form from HMRC website - see Lee's link

2. Fill in the boxes for:

- charity name (Normandy Veterans Association)

- Donor details (your name and address)

- amount donated

- date the form (it does not need to be signed)

3. send form to Jack along with your money

4. Jack will forward the form to the NVA

5. The NVA will reclaim the tax directly from HMRC

The NVA can claim back an additional 28 pence for every £1 you have sent them. So every £400 we raise by gift aid would actually pay for 1.25 veterans to go. PLEASE DO GIFT AID WHERE YOU CAN

Unless you fill in the form yourself HRMC will not accept the subsequent claim by the charity for the tax the charity can recover from them. The charity must hold a form from each donor it wants to claim against and the forms must be completed by the donor not the charity.

No declaration form sent by the donor, then no extra 28p per £1 donated to the charity. There is no minimum value for the donation but every penny you send it worth another 28% to them.

(If you are a higher rate Income Tax payer either you already know what to do on your tax return or ask an accountant to tell you)

Total update - have a look on the front page folks.

And I wanted to share this with you. This message came with a kind donation - it says everything.....

They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old:

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning

We will remember them.

Some things are just the right thing to do.

Lets keep this work up.