Jump to content

What are these from?

Recommended Posts

Hi All,


I have the pair of lamps as shown in the pictures.


Does anyone know what kind of vehicle are they from, and how would they have been used?


Given the 'handle' at the back of each, I have assumed (dangerous, I know...) that they were mounted on a wrecker, or recovery vehicle, but could be un-mounted and used 'hand held' for repair work in the field etc.


As you can see, they are manufactured by Guide in the US, and have the ID number 107406G.


Thoughts anyone?


Keep 'em Rolling









Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

They are tank spotlights. Used on Sherman amongst others, the light unit plugs onto a spigot in the turret roof with a mechanism inside the turret to move it around.

It is also possible to fit them to a pistol grip with a retracting wander lead to be used as a hand held lamp.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...