Mystery Object No.81

fv1609

The results of this method of steaming the chair seat in order to impart those bum shaped contours can be seen on the antiques road show.

Easy, next question :)

You been watching too much television. I think they call it in the trade "distressing" furniture.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could it be calomel fumigation, used in the treatment of Syphilis ?

and the link to the forum...Mr. Henry Lee who devised the treatment :coffee:

Dam it! Yes, yes & yes.

(It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact you knew I was at the RAMC Museum yesterday?:))

The text after the drawing says "the diagram requires no explanation"

Edited by fv1620

i reckon that comes under de lousing:-D

Not really, I think if you went to a special clinic & said you had been treating yourself by dusting with DDT powder they would explain that delousing was not going to effect a cure.

Insects such as lice cause typhus, trench fever & relapsing fever. Syph is caused a spirochaete.

It reminds me at school a kid got given an English dictionary & was inscribed "A present from Auntie Phylis". Some rotter added an 'S' to the front of her name.:)

Clive,

I did'nt know you went to the museum, might not have registered to me if I had heard. I just know how your mind works on some of these mystery objects :-D

Sorry Richard didn't mean to imply it was anything other than powers of logic & cunning in achieving a triple bullseye answer. Out of 81 objects, I think your score would be way up in the 70s?

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Clive,

I I just know how your mind works on some of these mystery objects :-D

His mind is a mystery object:rofl:

Sorry Richard didn't mean to imply it was anything other than powers of logic & cunning in achieving a triple bullseye answer. Out of 81 objects, I think your score would be way up in the 70s?

:-D:-D:-D:-D logic and cunning, very good. I did try and reckon up how many, but I think with the lost threads, I lost count, but would have though around the 60 mark.

So what is the prize for a Triple Bullseye? ...................no, no........not a day out in a Humber Hornet :shake::shake::shake:

:tup::

:-D:-D:-D:-D logic and cunning, very good. I did try and reckon up how many, but I think with the lost threads, I lost count, but would have though around the 60 mark.

So what is the prize for a Triple Bullseye? ...................no, no........not a day out in a Humber Hornet :shake::shake::shake: :tup::

Ah I forgot the great crash, so maybe MO 81 is actually MO 85 or so?

Prize? Well you could look come & look at my gold fiche or even sniff my EMERs, there might even be an oily thumb print of yours on some of them!