Hong Kong PHOOEY.....................!Saracen

Mad Cow

Mike,

no, I asked a few times for photos to see what it was like before going down to Salisbury, but as I didn't get any I was worried it may not actually exist.

Bidding stopped at £999, so I guess Mad Cow made him a better offer closer to the reserve?

Are you willing to expose the sale price, and did it come with the other bits he had...the accumulator charger, deacs etc?

How did it sound when you fired it up?

Mick

Hi all yes everythink. runs fine a bit of a miss moves under its own power but only a few meters each way so far . As for towing you must disconnect drive or the police will not like the wheels spinning a big no no. I took up the rear floor 8 bolts captive and removed the circlip that holds the prop sleve on.pushed it up to disconnect the prop both sides .

It was a great price ,,,,,,,,,,,,

inc 2x .30 brownnings ww11, 2xmk1 bren 1939 and a 1941,mk2sten 18 of bren mags all full of rounds boxed 12 sten mags all full and with mag satchels ,slings .30 rounds in on belts havent counted yet but 4 boxes full. I am going to cosby this weekend with the foxand i am going to sell the guns and ammo,Not my seen.hpoefully the saracen will not owe me a penny once there soldAC Pump 20 odd new and used periscopes .I belive the saracen has had a base overhall recent as it has many new parts int 6 new tyres if they have done 10 mile no more. There going on my saladin.

ALSO PICS OF HIS SALADIN EMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

02092008251.jpg

31082008238.jpg

31082008239.jpg

Got t sell most of it to pay Mortgage next week lol but i am going to keep the sten and the mags sorry.

Oh, nice guns!!!!

If I have enought money, i would like all! :-)) This the dream for everybody who is interesting in ww2 military vehicles and in reenactment.

Drove stolly round the field, seems fine .std missfire and the winch cable needs sorting as its rapped round the drum while loose wound unwind.

But back to the thread .

DO I PAINT SARACEN BLUE? Hong Kong?

DO " " " GREEN Army?

If the individual vehicle's last role was Hong Kong Police, maybe it would be easier and cheaper to kit it out thus, in which case it would be an interesting and unusual variation.

But having served on Saracens, I'd struggle to recommend anything other than green.

If the individual vehicle's last role was Hong Kong Police, maybe it would be easier and cheaper to kit it out thus, in which case it would be an interesting and unusual variation.

But having served on Saracens, I'd struggle to recommend anything other than green.

The only blue on i know (HKP) was at Bovvy in the reserve collection

Ashley