Military Mayhem reports & photos

Yup,.............Tis Me, :-D climbing into the back of the Best medium weight truck, on site,.........according to the judges. :yay:

Well done mate

Cheers, Chris...........twas totally unexpected;.....and the first award the ol' girls won. :-D

Certainly a show with huge potential,..........maybe's you'll be joining us, next year ??

All the best,

( a well chuffed) Andy

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

A great start to what could become an even better show,Relaxed attitude not to much health and safety in your face,Thanks to Mark and his crew i hope they were pleased with the event,i have to say i felt for them on the sunday,i was watching for vehicle arrivals which were thin on the ground.also i think they should be pleased with the HMVF support i know we all tried hard to give as much as we could and it made a difference.Lee also for making the bangs,and setting light to his own l/rover,video to follow.More faces to names,we were camped next to CRIPP,paul ,a thourghly nice chap,and what a job he has made of his jeep,Sorry to have shot off on the M2 but there was a 101 doing about 65 which just had to be passed.:-DThe helicopter hovered directly over me at one stage,someones got more money than sense.It had only just gone when the ruddy police one arrived.Felt sorry for the man in the spotter plane who put on a good display in very windy conditions,because the gun race was going on and nobody noticed him.Needs anouncing next time chaps.

Dont be frightened to post the pics of me reversing at 40 mph ,see i didnt fall over.all spells are off till friday.All in all a success from our side hope bums on seats make it one for the team.Cheers CW.

I would also like to say thankyou to Grasshopper for the ride around the showground saturday night in the halftrack.Top bloke:thumbsup:

No problem Mr B. No worries giving rides, especially when burning someone elses petrol..... small price for the owner to pay for me servicing it and winning an award.

2814733902_015e1dc586_b.jpg

next time i will put both cuffs on him and wont release him till a donation is made for the help the heroes campaing or auction the key:cool2::cool2:

for those not there he wanted to buy our vehicles for a tenner so i cuffed him and offered him for a tenner but noone wanted him

No for some reason the AF was playing up. this is a bit better.

Bit worried about these prize winners,tell me if i am wrong but i dont recognise the camo on the ambulance,and is that an Austin Gypsy, not ex military.i have only seen one genuine x mil gypsy with glass lenses etc,they were not taken into service.Did you see any Richard.not a good start.:nono:Yes Tony i know you like them ,but yours wasnt x mil either.Dissapointed from London.

is that an Austin Gypsy, not ex military.i have only seen one genuine x mil gypsy with glass lenses etc,they were not taken into service.Did you see any Richard. not a good start.:nono:

Oh yes, drag me in to it :(

I expect the judges thought that AFS on the side of the Gypo, meant Army Fire Service :nono:

Great event with great potential... Well done to Terry & all of his events team..

Well supported by HMVF members too... 20 members at least... the "Bunker Bash Team" have already booked in for next year..

Well done to the award winners & to Ian2b for winning the mountain bike.

Also thanks to the Fire Brigade for putting out my Land Rover fire.... wonder how that happened :cool2:

Well done to the award winners & to Ian2b for winning the mountain bike.Also thanks to the Fire Brigade for putting out my Land Rover fire.... wonder how that happened :cool2:

I know how it ended i have got the Video.

Well done ian didnt know that.looks like i was the only one who didnt get a prize :shocked:not going again.:rofl:i should of at least got a Helicoptor endurance badge.:rofl:

Hi all.

Add my comments ref the show.

Top show and has huge potential to be a massive show.

The organisation was spot on and everything ran smoothly.

As Catweazel said - laid back and no SILLY health and safety rules. There were some simple rules but at a public show they are needed.

Everyone I have spoken too enjoyed the event and have agreed it should go on next year.

I would personally like to see the show turned into a three day event, held over a bank holiday. Lets see a combined military vehicle / re-enactors event along the lines of War and Peace. There is currently a show held in Detling over the bank holiday period but taking into account the feedback from those who attended - I am not sure it will be happening next year.

So thanks to all who made the show happen and those who attended in one way or another.

Oh, and thanks for the Best Heavy Vehicle award - must have been my non-original siren that clinched it.

All in all - a great time.

Markheliops

HMVF drew my attention to Military Mayhem.

It looked promising so we decided to make the trip from Amstelveen (in the Netherlands) to Kent.

I thoroughly enjoyed the show and the kids had a very good time too.

The atmosphere was relaxed and friendly. I missed Beltring this year but Military Mayhem made up for that.

In my haste to get there I forgot my real camera so the only pictures I have to show were made with my phone at much lower quality than usual. Luckily others were there with better cameras :-D.

A big thank you to the organizers for all their efforts in making this show possible. A very good start and it can only get even better next year!

Daniel

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

Edited by dan110

I know how it ended i have got the Video.

Well done ian didnt know that.looks like i was the only one who didnt get a prize :shocked:not going again.:rofl:i should of at least got a Helicoptor endurance badge.:rofl:

Dont worry mate.I didnt win a prize either.Come to think of it,i never do.:laugh:

Dont worry mate.I didnt win a prize either.Come to think of it,i never do.:laugh:

Funny handshakes all round mate.:shocked: i hear it was just as bad at GDSF.I think the public should vote get them a bit more involved.What a good idea:idea: cant complain having won Duxford,you know the place,they really know there stuff there.

Edited by catweazle (Banned Member)

hey i was as surprised as andy was i thought the germans had done a good ground display

Unlike you David they didnt use genuine parts.:-D

I had a thoroughly enjoyable show, as everyone else has said a nice relaxed atmosphere and great potential. Good to see everyone and meet new faces especially Cat and Pat who were great company all weekend. ( I was expecting a miserable git ):-D

Sorry to have shot off on the M2 but there was a 101 doing about 65 which just had to be passed.:-D

I got stuck behind that mutt for a while, he couldn't make his mind up what speed to go at but I got past eventually and caught and passed the 101 too. I spotted Helliops as I went past the services. Hope he got home quicker than he arrived.

Yes but that was after the lights had gone out :cool2::shocked::shocked:

I saw them next morning in the light.:wow: I won't be spying again.

Bit worried about these prize winners,tell me if i am wrong but i dont recognise the camo on the ambulance,and is that an Austin Gypsy, not ex military.i have only seen one genuine x mil gypsy with glass lenses etc,they were not taken into service.Did you see any Richard.not a good start.:nono:Yes Tony i know you like them ,but yours wasnt x mil either.Dissapointed from London.

The Gipsys were ex Civil Defence, tried to make a deal swopping the 101 for the soft top one. However, owner wouldn't play. :-( didn't wimn a prize, but, I do have one of the merlin Spitfire bottle openers!

I popped in on Sunday, christ was that hot and sticky even more so when the explosions went off like a massive heat wave in the face, nice starting show bit sad about the lack of support from the vehicle media.I think we are now aware of the massive fuel costs involved for the gas guzzlers so it makes sense to me and I believe it will have to be a thing of the future that vehicle owners support the local shows we all know there are now a lot of military vehicles for instance within a good striking distance of the Faversham show so I look forward to a lot more supporting the efforts of the organisers next year