Military Mayhem reports & photos

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to a fuel problem soon after leaving for the show today, I decided to return my lorry to its quarters and clean the tank out on another day. A bit dissapointed, I continued up to the show this afternoon. After meeting a good few friends and aquaintances there, I had an enjoyable time, sorry if I missed anyone.

The show looks like it has got off to a flying start and I look forward to the next one. Talking about flying, I note that Catweazle was as far away from the helicopter as was possible :-D

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: to the organisers !

Just got back in myself from a great day out - so before going any further I'd like to say a big THANK YOU to Mark and his mates for all their hard work in organising such an excellent event.

Despite being the first ever show there were lots of niice machines in attendance and a real buzz up in the trade area. I'm looking forward to next years show already - not least because I'll have Maud back by then!!

When we got there Dave Ives made us welcome immediately with coffee on the go and seating - thanks for this Dave it really was much appreciated!! So we based ourselves on the 80 Provost company area for the day. In the morning we wandered around looking and photographing then after lunch Val went over to look around Farming World whilst I stayed sitting in Daves area with the dog watching the arena events. Laugh of the day had to be the poor old firemen lining up outside the arena to come in after the wheeled and tracked armour to put out a fire in a shed - only to watch the Abbot plough straight through the shed on it's final run!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Got a few pics of the show - all are loading to the photobucket website http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d146/ArtistsRifles/Military%20Mayhem%202008/ but here are a few samples.

For starters - no prizes for guessing what type of ehicle had problems.. Again..

BB_2208_1430.jpg

A rather well-known Fox!

BB_2208_1417.jpg

The forums latest FV434 in a cloud of dust.

BB_2208_1427.jpg

Dave Ives new Landie (very nice!!)

BB_2208_1418.jpg

Universal carrier.

BB_2208_1411.jpg

Citroen H van masquerading as a sweet shop.

BB_2208_1405.jpg

Yes - we left at 18:30 and didn't get home till 23:00. Thank gawd for splat nav - after 3 attempts at rejoining the M2 we gave up and went cross country to the M20. Only to find the d*psh*t's running the Dartford crossing had closed one of the tunnels (got there at 21:30 - got through at 22:30 - absolutely NO traffic control the other side of the paybooths so 12 lanes of traffic were trying to merge into 2 in a VERY shoort distance....

Any one know what the accident was on the M2?? Hope it wasn't an MV going home.... :-(

Yes - we left at 18:30 and didn't get home till 23:00. Thank gawd for splat nav - after 3 attempts at rejoining the M2 we gave up and went cross country to the M20. Only to find the d*psh*t's running the Dartford crossing had closed one of the tunnels (got there at 21:30 - got through at 22:30 - absolutely NO traffic control the other side of the paybooths so 12 lanes of traffic were trying to merge into 2 in a VERY shoort distance....

Any one know what the accident was on the M2?? Hope it wasn't an MV going home.... :-(

Neil,

I left about the same time as you, but had spotted the traffic on the A299 towards M2, was stationary, so turned right out of the site and followed by instinct ( no sat navs here ! ) and got on to the A2 southbound to get home via Canterbury. Looked at Highways Agency website and saw the hold up was between 30 to 60 mins. According to news this morning, the accident was M2 Southbound and a person has since died in hospital.

Oh and I got home in 1 hour :-D

well just got home from a great new show and thanks to the organisers

jack sorry but the plank club has now more members as at least four of us won trophys at the show

Sorry Dave - there is ONLY one plank.........:cool2:

Good picture of you!

I seem TooTall and Mark are in their usual position!

Why is Andy climbing out the back of a halftrack.......has he come over to the real side :coffee:

Really sorry I had to cancel at the last minute. I am disappointed to have missed everyone. It was all looking good, but there were a number of logistics issues that made it impossible for me to attend.

I know I've let people down and I hope to catch up in due course....

MB

Yup,.............Tis Me, :-D climbing into the back of the Best medium weight truck, on site,.........according to the judges. :yay:

Mark and team,........Bl88dy EXCELLENT show,..............will be back next year,.........but only if you supply the beefburgers,...again; :)........Oh, yes,............and where's my

SPITFIRE BOTTLE OPENER. :???:???

Andy

winner, Best Medium Vehicle, Military Mayhem 2008

Edited by LeeEnfield
spelling

The Gent in the wheelchair, awarding - awards, is non other than Albert Figg,........he of the Hill 112 churchill appeal/fame;..........a Truely Amazing GENTLEMAN.

Thank You, Metroman, for those pic's,...........not forgetting Artist Rifles,.........glad you posted THAT pic,.........not the next one......:sweat:

Andy

winner, Best Medium Vehicle, Military Mayhem, 2008

Ahem,..............Jack,..............you DON'T really want to go shouting about, that, DO YOU...........:cool2::whistle:.........some folk, MIGHT just AGREE. :rofl:

winner, BEST MEDIUM VEHICLE, Military Mayhem, 2008

Ahem,..............Jack,..............you DON'T really want to go shouting about, that, DO YOU...........:cool2::whistle:.........some folk, MIGHT just AGREE. :rofl:

winner, BEST MEDIUM VEHICLE, Military Mayhem, 2008

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well,not long got in,after packing every thing away.Had a really good weekend.The kids were a bit taxing,both in patience and pocket,but all enjoyed it.A nice relaxed atmosphere.Reminded me a bit like one of the early Beltrings,but mayhem had more vehicles.I can see this event having huge potential,and everyone i spoke to said they would be back next year.Well done to mark and the team.And heres to next year:thumbsup:

That was a good weekend, thanks for all the hospitatlity. AND I was a good boy, and have come home with a Spitfire Shepeard Nemes t shirt, and the Merlin bottle opener! Pity we didn't move the beer festival to the show, or the show to the beer festival. Great place hope it carries on. :tup:: Some were not so well behaved, but 118 and 59(Under training ) took care of it.

040.jpg

007.jpg

043.jpg

We really enjoyed the show and the weather held for the whole time despite the dire prophesies. Both WLFs had minor hiccups but all fixed and happy now.

Huge thanks to Mark and the team for a great weekend and it'll certainly be going on the calendar for next year. :tup::

- Mike

Gonna have to get Fearless Leader there next year - he's got a whole 12 months to stop his mans truck losing electrons!!

Mind you - I can't talk - took a mate visiting from Oz over to see the OT last weekend, jumped in and everything worked fine - until we hit the starter button. Had to get the batts out and take 'em home to charge them. Gawd are they BIG or what - 2 man lift for everything... Wife wasn't too happy at having to help me refit them on Friday!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: