Welbike Replicas

Ian Staples

Hi there,

I am looking at building a replica Welbike for re-enacments here in New Zealand and would like to contact people who have done the same and find out what they are using for wheels and when they used the Villiers lawnmower engines, how are tey setting up the transmissions/final drive. Any contacts and email addresses would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ian

somewhere on the internet is a site offering repro welbike frames and other parts but I cannot remember the site details for the life of me also I think you will find the engines being used are proper villiers junior engines from cyclemotors as used in original welbikes

hope this helps

• 5 months later...

Put Welbike into google and you will come accross the Dutch mob who have built twenty replica welbikes. Put Villiers ontu ebay U.K. and villiers junior delux engines turn up quite often. Price around £50. I have a real one so if I can be of any help please ask. John Real Mk.1 Welbike I mean, not spare engine

Edited by Blackpowder44

• 1 month later...