Jessie The Jeep

My Flying Control Jeep

The display brought the neighbours out to get some pictures, then they stayed out. The daughter of the guy over the road brought her music decks out and started playing music, a nice variety including some 1940's stuff. More and more neighbours joined us in the street, drinks started flowing, people brought their lunch out, then there was dancing. The social distancing conga was rather amusing.

veday27.jpg

Partying continued through the afternoon. Evening meals took place in front gardens and the partying carried on. We began packing up a little after 7pm and took both Jeeps for a victory parade around the block. Was the journey necessary? - ABSOLUTELY!!!

veday25.jpg

veday26.jpg

veday28.jpg

The street party finally finished at 1am!!

If it hadn't been for the lockdown, I think most normal families would have gone about the usual bank holiday shopping and DIY activities. However, being stuck at home probably resulted in more people taking the opportunity to let their hair down a bit and celebrate.

It may well be our only event of 2020, but it will certainly be a memorable one.

• Like 3

Isolation Drive - May 16th

Well, the government said we could now go out and travel......"to exercise or spend time outdoors for recreation" and "should continue to take particular care to minimise contact with others outside their household." 

Sounded like a ride out in the Jeep fitted the bill on all counts!

I'd fitted a recently purchased, GoPro type "action camera" to the roof bows, looking forwards over the driver's compartment. My daughter's hood and hair occasionally pops into view! We headed out of Washington, through Birtley to get to open country. It was a bright and sunny start to the trip.

lockdown_drive_02.jpg

It was our first time out of Washington since March. Due to the lockdown, we'd only made exercise walks through neighbouring estates and the belts of woodland between each estate. It was nice to see open space, fields and trees on the drive. The picture above came from a frame grab of the drive video seen below.

From Birtley were drove through Kibblesworth and on towards Beamish. The road I had planned on taking at the next junction turned out to be just a track with a car parked across it. This route would have taken us around the back of Beamish Museum and towards the main entrance, before heading us back in the direction of home. Instead I shortened the route, catching up with my planned road at a different point. The revised route turned out to be exactly 17 miles which we completed in about 45 minutes. It was good to be out in a Jeep for a decent drive again.

With the pre-lockdown test drive in March and the VE Day garden party, I'm calling this three events so far in 2020. In these difficult times, you take what you can get!!

• Like 3

Fantastic, i am repairing my inner windscreen , a long long way behind you bud, but looking through this thread gives hope.

I note that you have a passenger seat operation switch fitted.😃😄

(Someone has to be in the seat every time the jeep moves.)