Exploder dynamo-Condenser

Tony B

I remember using the EDC and there was a spool of wire that went across the terminals similar to a thin fuze wire and this melted as a test, there were also bulbs which fitted into a bulb holder for same test. The fusion test kit was a wooden box with various spools and terminals that was powered up by the EDC and used to test power output with various thicknesses etc. Dangerous too as it could kill with its 650 volt charge in the wrong circumstances, wet, humid weather etc and you holding a wire or acting as a conductor.

A lot simpler with the shrike when that came in as continuity was tested with a button press and light coming on etc.

Gary

Thanks Gary. I don't know if it is working even I'm not stupid enough to ignore the big warning. Any idea of the age of thing? Only paid £2 in leather case with two spare winding handles. Having had a quick look inside (well you have to don't you!) everything looks very clean and the test bub intact, so I'll clean all the contacts and see what happens.

The first ones came out in late 50s -leather case denotes earlier ones as the later 60/70s models were webbing cased. The RE publications section at Brompton Bks in Chatham or the RE Museum same place would have info booklets re EDC etc

Gary