Normandy 2009 appeal

ArtistsRifles

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jack,

Bit late catching up on this one, but count me in as well, including contributing to any admin effort required.

I'll raise it at the TVMVT meeting on Wednesday and see if the Trent Valley Area of the Military Vehicle Trust wants to formally support HMVF's appeal

Thanks to Neil for posting and well done to all who have posted. Can we have this thread as a headline news item so that it hits people as soon as they surf on. Ditto a permanent display ad on the home page.

"HMVF's Ten Good Men (or more) appeal"

Cheers,

Neil

Hi Jack,

Bit late catching up on this one, but count me in as well, including contributing to any admin effort required.

I'll raise it at the TVMVT meeting on Wednesday and see if the Trent Valley Area of the Military Vehicle Trust wants to formally support HMVF's appeal

Thanks to Neil for posting and well done to all who have posted. Can we have this thread as a headline news item so that it hits people as soon as they surf on. Ditto a permanent display ad on the home page.

"HMVF's Ten Good Men (or more) appeal"

Cheers,

Neil

Very much appreciated Neil and thanks for your support and hope your area will like to help.

Bodge and I are working on a logo then we can get it up on the front page.

i notice some people placing items for auction to raise money would any body be interested if i made a model to be auctioned it would be mounted on a suitable base and a subject that is open to discussion let me know your thoughts

cheers

Les

Many thanks indeed Les and any help, at all will make all of the difference. I just have to put some things in place and then I will post up every option available to us so that we can all help in one way or other.

Kind regards.

Jack.

I just came across this thread yesterday and think it's a super Idea. Having just lost a dear friend Peter Base on Tuesday this week,which I posted here http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?t=9672 Sue his wife came around to see me last night and requested a fitting military send off as it MV's and reenacting were a huge part of his life She also asked if I knew any worthy causes for People to donate money to instead of flowers at his funeral,I instantly remembered reading about this yesterday and explained to Sue what I had read. Sue was very much in favour of supporting this, will there be some way people can pay online or an address to which people could send there money?? .

I'll make a donation myself to this worthy cause

regards

Steve

Jack - Do you think we can we use something like the "Just Giving" - http://www.justgiving.co.uk/ - web site to co-ordinate donations ????

Alternatively how about a dedicated account with a reputable bank that people can pay donations directly into????

Best to keep in In-House.... from their website...

We charge a 5% fee

Any charity that monies are paid into will be able to claim their own gift aid tax... so paying them directly they will be getting the 5% the above outfit would be robbing them of.......

Thanks Neil and thanks Lee. I am speaking to the NVA on Monday with regards to the banner and the payment methods. I am thinking that the best way if for cheques to be made payable to the NVA. Cash, PayPal, cash, BACS etc etc can be sent to me and I can forward on from here. I will send everyone receipts so everyone has a paper trail and then we can have a running daily total... :)

I just came across this thread yesterday and think it's a super Idea. Having just lost a dear friend Peter Base on Tuesday this week,which I posted here http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?t=9672 Sue his wife came around to see me last night and requested a fitting military send off as it MV's and reenacting were a huge part of his life She also asked if I knew any worthy causes for People to donate money to instead of flowers at his funeral,I instantly remembered reading about this yesterday and explained to Sue what I had read. Sue was very much in favour of supporting this, will there be some way people can pay online or an address to which people could send there money?? .

I'll make a donation myself to this worthy cause

regards

Steve

Steve, I think that would be a rather special and memorable act. It will have a far reaching and lasting effect.

Sorry chaps (and Rosie!),

joined the party late yet again!

Count me in for making a donation, will do it as soon as Im home (early next week).

The government obviously couldn't care less, but lets show our heroes that we care.

Update -

Spoke with Mary this morning and here is an update :)

Hello Jack

Morning. Good to hear from you. We spent the weekend at Goodwood's Revival weekend raising funds, which was good fun. I love the banner/logo - let me post a copy to George at the Normandy Veterans Association and get his approval, I can do that by Friday.

I have some photographs now and one complete case study (two more in draft that I am working on) if you would like them let me know and I can email to you.

With regards to payment two ways really:

1. Either cheque made payable to Normandy Veterans Association

or

2. There is a way to pay direct into the bank account but let me get those details and come back to you by the end of the week.

Thanks for all your help with this.

Mary

....flipping good job I know how to come up with a good banner. :readpaper:

Update -

Spoke with Mary this morning and here is an update :)

Hello Jack

Morning. Good to hear from you. We spent the weekend at Goodwood's Revival weekend raising funds, which was good fun. I love the banner/logo - let me post a copy to George at the Normandy Veterans Association and get his approval, I can do that by Friday.

I have some photographs now and one complete case study (two more in draft that I am working on) if you would like them let me know and I can email to you.

With regards to payment two ways really:

1. Either cheque made payable to Normandy Veterans Association

or

2. There is a way to pay direct into the bank account but let me get those details and come back to you by the end of the week.

Thanks for all your help with this.

Mary

....flipping good job I know how to come up with a good banner. :readpaper:

Hmm.... So WHO did come up with a good banner then??? :rofl: :rofl:

Seriously mate - it's good this is all coming together, this is going to be something really worthwhile for us all to do and something we may never get another chance to do. Plus I think we all owe these veterans big time as without them we wouldn't be here doing this now...