Ward La France Gallery

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On sticky ground here but the first of the last set of photo's is saying Mack to me.....

Either way keep on posting them up Rosco!

First photo looks like Mack NM with the crane assy. from an aircraft wrecker rather than from an M1A1. However it could be a butchered WLF crane.

- MG

And could the last one (which we know is not a Scania :D) be one of those rebuilt (in early 50's?) using White 666 front end cab / components? I saw one in UK before Christmas being restored, but can't recall the front wing arrangement.

I thought the Danish C666 cab conversions were open cab? Does look similar though...

- MG

• 2 weeks later...

cross roads garage in napton nr southam warwickshire have at least two maybe three of these ol gals and the ol chap is a mine of info and has albums full of photos of them in action pulling diggers outve the local quary etc,it doesent take much for him to get the photos out and kettle on!

cross roads garage in napton nr southam warwickshire have at least two maybe three of these ol gals and the ol chap is a mine of info and has albums full of photos of them in action pulling diggers outve the local quary etc,it doesent take much for him to get the photos out and kettle on!

Any chance of seeing a few of those photos on here? We all love to see pics of these trucks at work.

Cheers - MG

i dont realy get out that way that much anymore but ill sure do my best,ones always out on the forecourt in us army green and white star on door,others yellow and im sure theres another yellow one in rear yard in poor condition ill have a look on on google earth as i bet at least one will be visible!

bitove shame all you can see on streetview is one the yellow ones in rear yard,the satelite pics seem to show two large yellow shapes in the yard there postcode is cv47 8nj i know he said hed done a few slide shows about them and was keen to keep them going

Edited by jaces

i dont realy get out that way that much anymore but ill sure do my best,ones always out on the forecourt in us army green and white star on door,others yellow and im sure theres another yellow one in rear yard in poor condition ill have a look on on google earth as i bet at least one will be visible!

bitove shame all you can see on streetview is one the yellow ones in rear yard,the satelite pics seem to show two large yellow shapes in the yard there postcode is cv47 8nj i know he said hed done a few slide shows about them and was keen to keep them going

That is, I believe, a Leyland Martian on Google Streetview. Wil' try and find a photo.

Scott

Here you go, this is what I believe is on Streetview. Although looks like there a few other bits in the yard as well.

IMG_0172.jpg

• 4 weeks later...