Leyland Martian Gallery

Hi Folks,

I wish to build a 1/76 scale model of the Leyland Martian Artillery Tractor (FV1103 I believe). I am needing some good views of the chassis showing in particular the winch, fairlead pulleys and rollers and suspension front and rear. Usually, maintainance manuals are good for these views if anyone can provide a scan of any of this. In addition, any views of the cab and crew area would be very welcome.

I previously scratch-build an Albion CX22S which is posted in the modelling section of this forum and was featured in an article in the Sept 2011 issue of Military Modelcraft Intn'l. Forum member, Davie Reid was an immense help with photos and information from his restoration of a CX22S.

Any help any of you could provide here would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Neil Craig

Wyevale, Ontario, Canada

Hi Neil, I've only got the drivers manual for mine and don't think it shows the things you are after, Simon on here I believe has the workshop manual and might be better able to help. I put up some images of my one at this link: http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?29523-Leyland-Martian-Return-of-the-MadRat/page12 Let me know if you need any other pictures/measurments from an actual Martian and I'll try to help, my wife hails from your corner of the world so I feel a duty of care to help you out! All the best, Duncan

Many thanks, Madrat for the link to the photos. They certainly will be a big help. It seems to have the same vertical winch as the Scammel R100. I have already done one so another should be fairly straightforward. A Chassis drawing however would help with location and position so hopefully, Simon will see this and help if he can.

I really appreciate your assistance with this and thanks to your good wife for her being a good fellow Canadian.

(Actually, I was born in Kent so I'm a transplant here, but a long time one.;))

Cheers,

Neil

• 4 months later...
Obviously, condition is a point of view but I would say this one is very near mint in all over green, one crew member in the back, don't know abour driver or the spare wheels though - £135.

Not outrageous and they'd probably stand bidding on it.

Yes I believe condition is all important where models are concerned.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Enjoying very much! Just what sized tyres are fitted to 49 BM 10? Like the fact that doors and windscreens have been removed.

My guess is 16.00 x 20, as used on Crane and other low loader trailers, scraper boxes etc around that time. There were not many tyres to choose from back then!

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...