Unipower gallery

Here's one of it loaded in a plane to go out to the Gulf.

http://www.protruckservices.com/Unipower%20HET/scan00012.jpg

And this is one of it climbing up a sand dune.

http://www.protruckservices.com/Unipower%20HET/scan00028.jpg

http://www.protruckservices.com/Unipower%20HET/scan00031.jpg

Clive

protruckservices.com

Edited by protruck

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Phil the picture shows just the front 15 axle bogie it has 10metre beams between another 15 axle rear bogie and frame ...weight of empty trailer 210 ton ..the turbine weight is 349 ton ..will be moved next weekend with the Unipower on the front and a 8x8 Faun Goliath pushing with a 6x6 Faun koloss helping on the front of the Unipower on a couple of small hills .. Gross weight with tractors approx 705 ton

Hi Phil the picture shows just the front 15 axle bogie it has 10metre beams between another 15 axle rear bogie and frame ...weight of empty trailer 210 ton ..the turbine weight is 349 ton ..will be moved next weekend with the Unipower on the front and a 8x8 Faun Goliath pushing with a 6x6 Faun koloss helping on the front of the Unipower on a couple of small hills .. Gross weight with tractors approx 705 ton

So I suspect you will be covering up the STGO3 plate then??;)

• 2 weeks later...
Found another photo of the pontoon carrier shown in the head on photo a while back

attachment.php?attachmentid=21340&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1263938204

Nice unipower RE6 6x6 710bhp by the side of the S24

Could be this one

cobra1chassis.jpg

Clive

protruckservices.com

Edited by protruck

Bonjour Hervé.

Documentaion ce que vous cherchez sur le 8x8 HET Unipower ou il est pour le camion 8x8 plage française qui a été construit par la société française MPI à La Havre.

viewThumb.jsp?fileID=46306312&size=thumb

Vous pouvez me contacter sur mon site web, le lien se trouve au bas de ce post

Cordialement

Clive

protruckservices.com

Bonjour Hervé.

Documentaion ce que vous cherchez sur le 8x8 HET Unipower ou il est pour le camion 8x8 plage française qui a été construit par la société française MPI à La Havre.

viewThumb.jsp?fileID=46306312&size=thumb

Vous pouvez me contacter sur mon site web, le lien se trouve au bas de ce post

Cordialement

Clive

protruckservices.com

ok clive no need to show off the the the language skills lol :-\

Hi Nick.

Spent 4 years working in spain for a french boss. plus the language is very similar:-D

Clive

protruckservices.con

i admire people who can speek another language . i can speek a little french but only when soumthin on the truck is goin wrong if u know wot i mean :argh:

i admire people who can speek another language . i can speek a little french but only when soumthin on the truck is goin wrong if u know wot i mean :argh:

Straying off topic a little, sorry guys, but I speak fluent french, german and spanish...oooh and italian.... None of them understandable by anyone until i raise the volume of the voice, wave my arms around alot and point at things.... I thought that was how it had to be done :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the Unipwer TBT currently in service with the British army?

I don't know when they'll be withdrawn from service or what will happen to them when they are, but I would love to acquire one. I suspect that it is well overwidth for civvy operation though.

Realistically I doubt that there'll be much chance to get one's hands on one anyway, but it's a nice dream!

Hi utt61.

The TBT's are currently having some armour updates put on for Afganistan. I personaly

can't see these coming out in the near future as the MOD are very impressed with them,

and they have not had their first major overhaul yet. So it could be some time before they come out into the public sector. I'll have a look at the build sheets to find out the vehicle width for you but as you say they are over 2.5m wide. I will post it here.

Clive

protruckservices.com

Hi utt61.

All of the Unipower Br90's are 3 meters wide to the outside of the rear wings, not including

the mirrors. The ABLE, BV, & TBT have all different wheel bases. The TBT has a 6.5m wheel base from the centre of the rear axle bogie to the centre of the second steer drive axle. I'll

look for the overall chassis lenght but if my memory serves me correctly it is 12 m long without any bridge, which has nearly a 3m over hange from the back of the chassis.

When I can get time I will load some photos of the first TBT being tested and some of it being tilt tested to 32 degs at the MOD test track.

Clive

protruckservices.com