Met Report

Just pulled up the met report for the Tunbridge Wells area as it's been peeing down here the last couple of day. Doesn't make too good reading I fear:

Date Temp Wind Dir Speed Gust Visibility

Mon 7 Jul

1600 16°C WSW 21 mph 36 mph Very Good

1900 16°C WSW 15 mph 27 mph Very Good

2200 14°C WSW 12 mph Very Good

Tue 8 Jul

0100 13°C WSW 12 mph 22 mph Good

0400 13°C WSW 12 mph 24 mph Good

0700 13°C W 17 mph Very Good

1000 15°C W 18 mph 34 mph Very Good

1300 16°C W 21 mph 38 mph Very Good

1600 17°C WSW 22 mph 35 mph Very Good

1900 16°C W 21 mph 31 mph Very Good

Night 11°C W 15 mph Good

Wed 9 Jul

Day 16°C SSW 17 mph Good

Night 15°C SW 22 mph 32 mph Good

Thu 10 Jul

Day 19°C SW 15 mph 27 mph Very Good

Night 13°C SW 8 mph Very Good

Fri 11 Jul

Day 19°C SW 13 mph 30 mph Very Good

Night 11°C SW 5 mph 16 mph Very Good

See: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/se/tunbridge_wells_forecast_weather.html

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was early today, by now you'll need a boat. It has been stair rods and thunderstorms all afternoon, someone find that bloody butterfly that is supposed to flap it's wings and squash the B******D :argh:

Got there at 3:30pm and left at 4:30pm. It didn't rain while I was there, but it did on the way home.

I have just read an article in today's Daily Mail. According to them, it is going to be terrible weather this month and one of the 5 wettest summers on record (but they didn't say how far the records went back).

I think I shall pack Wellingtons and carry Umbrellas in the Rifle clips.

I'm hoping things get better after last year's monsoon. I'm taking my ordinary car to carry full kit and ..also because I am minus an MV. zzzz.

I'm there on Thursday, so I'll try and have a nose round then.....The only good thing about the mud is it controls the dust. But if the rainfall makes the Medway rise again, then camping near it should be amusing. Prepare for anything.....

Was down there today, met Mark with his WLF, Sean and Lee. America Field is firm, but not good around the entrance to the field and up by the shower block and bridge, needs a few loads of hardcore dropped in.

As a local, I find in this part of the country, it does not always follow the pattern of the forecasts, especially when coming up from the SW, so I am being positive........but still taking umbrella, w/proof and wellies though :-D

Richard

Dropped the OT off last night - now parked up beside Lee in the Amerca's field. F-250 was going sideways at one point in the mud but the OT was great fun!!!! :-D :-D

Right now the ground there is like the proverbial curates egg - good in places..... :shocked:

Was down there today, met Mark with his WLF, Sean and Lee. America Field is firm, but not good around the entrance to the field and up by the shower block and bridge, needs a few loads of hardcore dropped in.

As a local, I find in this part of the country, it does not always follow the pattern of the forecasts, especially when coming up from the SW, so I am being positive........but still taking umbrella, w/proof and wellies though :-D

Richard

wot o richard, hope that being positive you have not shorted out today in the rain :cool2:

ps do you know the length of the winch rope on the k6 ?

regards graham