120mm MOBAT

• 2 weeks later...

Lee

What you need to look out for is:

WO Code No 12757 User Handbook for the Equipment 120mm BAT L4 (MOBAT) consisting of Gun, 120mm BAT, L6A1 and Carriage, 120mm, BAT, L2A1. Published 1960 superseding WO Code No 12243.

Maybe try http://www.rememuseum.org.uk/index.htm or http://www.rememuseum.org.uk/index.htm. They may have it & produce a photocopy for you. But I could scan the odd diagram, if there was something in particular you were stuck with.

Lee

What you need to look out for is:

WO Code No 12757 User Handbook for the Equipment 120mm BAT L4 (MOBAT) consisting of Gun, 120mm BAT, L6A1 and Carriage, 120mm, BAT, L2A1. Published 1960 superseding WO Code No 12243.

Hi Clive,

I've just managed to get hold of a copy of W.O.12243 1958 on Ebay.

What I would like to get hold of is the handspikes that are stored on either side of the carriage, about 4' long, I have know idea what they look like or how they would of been used, the other bit I need is the leather box that is on the gunners shield, it hold the light for the sight & spare batteries.

I would also like to get the correct clinometer for it, it shows how to use it in the book but no ref to what type, any ideas??

MOBAT11.jpg

There seems to be very little info out there on the MOBAT, all I keep coming across is for the WOMBAT, can you answer this one? I know the CONBAT stands for Converted Bat, but what is the conversion?

firing.jpg

why you don't stand behind a MOBAT/WOMBAT..four-fiths of the propellant gasses are vented to the rear.

why you don't stand behind a MOBAT/WOMBAT..four-fiths of the propellant gasses are vented to the rear.

Much the same reason you don't stand behind a Charlie-G or a 66mm LAW!!

There is anecdotal evidence of members of a certain Regt serving in a certain Middle Easter country finding they only had practice rounds for a Charlie-G so promptly turned the weapon around and used the blast as a (very effective) short range weapon.

• 3 weeks later...