torch

25 pounder

• 2 weeks later...

Your welcome! Glad to find use for esoteric knowledge. If you want to sell let me know, another thing that got worked into the floor or left in a shed to rust. Bulbs should be standard ES torch bulbs, as per number of cells, which are standard D type. You should be able to get it to work. What is the silvering on the reflector like?

Your welcome! Glad to find use for esoteric knowledge. If you want to sell let me know, another thing that got worked into the floor or left in a shed to rust. Bulbs should be standard ES torch bulbs, as per number of cells, which are standard D type. You should be able to get it to work. What is the silvering on the reflector like?

Hi there , if it's that old , reflector still looks pretty good to me , might try to get it work some day ,

cheers

All you need is bulbs and a battery. Hopefully the old batterys were taken out, otherwise the old paper and cardboard U2 cells used to sweat and corrode, ruined a lot of gear that did. Also why one in good condition is quite rare. Is it a twist switch?

Just wondered because of the gaurd over the bulb. thought it might be a 'Saftey torch' ie for use in mines, gas or explosive enviroments. However I'd doubt it now, reason being push switches can spark, all the sfatey torches I know are twist switch. Nice bit of kit though, enjoy it.