Plans for weapons?

At Beaulieu over the weekend I was looking over one of the vehicles and was surprised to see it was made of wood.

Seems like a good idea as from what I've seen replicas and deactivated rifles seem to be chuffing expensive.

I assumed the geezer had made it - because all you clever people on here seem to have the ability to produce a truck or whatever from a wheel barrow full of rust!

But no he said he'd bought it. And it was a lot of money!

So have you clever people ever made your own, and was it from a plan or just from photo's?

I'm thinking of something to mount on the Lightweight.

Edited by Mark
Un-warrented profanity

you are now into realistic replica rules and other P-word Gobbley de gook. Go buy de-acs. :noyay: there was a firm called Stage Props if I remember right made such kit. Soft air stuff can be got but anything like Minimi is *******************:shake:

Read http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?t=5497 & do a search for RIF's... unless you are part of a Living History Group with PLI it's easier to comply with he law if you stick to Deacs... You can only buy Airsoft weapons now if you can show you are a member of a registered Airsoft Club or Bona Fide Reenactor in a Living History Group... some other exemptions apply but they are the one's relevant to MV owners wanting to carry RIF's

Edited by Marmite!!

Soft air stuff can be got but anything like Minimi is *******************:shake:

not really i play airsoft and my mk2 minimi was only £250 and it will accept real box mags and cloth mags.

de-acts are nice to use but are pricey, airsoft replicas are better in cost but a royal pain in the arse if you arent a member of a group or a club

yeah but if you arent a member of a group they have to paint em in bright yellow or orange which sucks lol

Yup, but it means they stay the right side of the (stupid) law.

Interesting to look into defination of 'group',.....for example if a member of MVT of IMPS,.....they are both groups..........

Not much better if you are a member of a group! I've ordered a wooden Webley Mk VI as a holster filler for my Lewis/Vickers gunner's webbing (can't really justify £500+ for something you'll only see the butt of), and it just comes in plain black, so i'll have to repaint it to look more realistic

why dont you buy a de-act webly would be cheaper plus nicer i know i have one lol

the lewis gun well it makes sense to get a replica.

but as for the group thing IMPS and MVT i dont think have public liability insurance (if they do all the better) then you can be a member of them and buy the replica weapons

but as for the group thing IMPS and MVT i dont think have public liability insurance (if they do all the better) then you can be a member of them and buy the replica weapons

As stated many times before, being a member of IMPS/MVT does not qualify you to buy/own replicas, they are not living history groups.. the VCR Act clearly states the criteria for buying replicas...

Lee.Educate me!.I am going to the Bromley Pagaent on Sunday,and will be taking the Jeep,as well as the Ferret.Am i allowed to display the .50 on the Jeep or not.Bit confused.

Is it a replica of deac??

Early spec de-act

Carry on.. no problem there... if it was a RIF then you would have to satisfy this part of the act to stay on the right side of the Law....

5. —(1) The persons described for the purposes of section 37(2)(e) of the 2006 Act and paragraph 5(2)(e) of Schedule 2 to that Act are those mentioned in paragraph (2).

(2) The persons mentioned in this paragraph are—

(a) a person or persons holding public liability insurance in relation to liabilities to third parties arising from or in connection with the organisation and holding of historical re-enactments;

(b) two or more persons, at least one of whom holds such public liability insurance

Is paragraph a.Refering to the event organisers,or a group??.

Event organisers allowing them to hold reenactments, groups must still have their on PLI to prove they are Bona Fide, this only applies to RIf's & not deacs or live weapons used for reenactments.

So - trying to get things clear here - if an individual were to go to an insurance brokers and take out PLI themselves with respect to re-enactments then they would be covered under Section a ??

No... & you have to be a reenactor... turning up with a Landy with a weapon on it is not reenacting

(b) two or more persons, at least one of whom holds such public liability insurance

The best answer is be a member of a group such as the Garrison, Goldbeach or 10th Essex. Say you and a group of friends decide to become the Post War British Military re-actors. Draw up a constituent, stateing your aim is 'To re-eanct and educate the public about British post war military vehicles'. Appoint Chairman, secratary, hold an AGM viola you are there. Then you can ask an insurance company about PLI. Split between about ten of us, PLI is about £25 per year. then when you go to a show 'inform' the chair or secratary.

Thanks Tony - thats kind of what I was aiming at. What confuesed me a bit was the wording of section (a) - "a person or persons holding public liability insurance in relation to liabilities to third parties arising from or in connection with the organisation and holding of historical re-enactment" - coupled with the fact it wasn't clear whether section (b) had to be taken as well as rather than alternatively.

What I was thinking/wondering though is why organisations such as the MVT don't do this??? If they split it into era's then, dpending on what you were into would depnd which era covered the vehicles weapons etc. It would provide an umbrella for those with an interest in the vehicles and their fittings (inc. armament) but who don't want to go the whole hog of reenacting proper.

Thinking also about post-war, or even cold war, kit - it would be rather hard to fully reneact anything from this era the way the WW2 guys do (other than Vietnam perhaps?) as most of the actions were ones I suspect the Gov't would rather people forgot about!! :)

Thinking also about post-war, or even cold war, kit - it would be rather hard to fully reneact anything from this era the way the WW2 guys do (other than Vietnam perhaps?) as most of the actions were ones I suspect the Gov't would rather people forgot about!! :)

why not ask the Forces80 guys how they get on - they certainly have had good reception at the events they attend - BTW there is already a blanket organisation which holds PLI for 20th century re-enactment groups, the details are on the Forces80 website

http://www.forces80.com/forces80%20home.htm